align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Vegetarians [Bay Area Group] Message Board › Today's Napa trip; unwanted sexual solicitation

Today's Napa trip; unwanted sexual solicitation

Jenny
Fluffy-Snuggler
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 15
Today's winery trip was great. It started out sour with Jarvis but improved with other wineries along the way. Also, today was a great opportunity to meet new people.

Rahul: Thanks for your generosity: your help with winery fees and sharing your lunch and dinner. For someone I've met only today, that was exceeding generous of you. Your constant attempts to grope and kiss me however, were excessive and inappropriate. Also, your repeated attempts to force my hand on your body was equally inappropriate. Although I did not directly say 'Stop', I was more that clear with my consist responses of pushing you away, retracting my hand from your grasp, and dodging your kisses and repeated attempts to grab or grope me. I'm grateful for your generosity for the tasting and food but that doesn't entitle you to cross lines of respect and safety.

I may be the only female that attended today (with the exception of Sally who joined us briefly) but that doesn't excuse your repeated, unwanted sexual solicitations. Of the other 4 male members that attended today, some were much more intoxicated than you. Even so, they had the decency and respect to not engage in such actions. Even then, intoxicated or otherwise, you have no right to cross that line which you persistently insisted on crossing throughout the day. I would have been more vocal but as someone without transportation in a location about 2 hours away from San Francisco, I tried to maintain my safety without compromising my ride back home.

In summary, please don't ever do it again.
A former member
Post #: 2
I was planning to go on this trip. I guess it's a good thing I didn't. Maybe you should try going to one of Joy's get-togethers? They are more G-Rated and fun smile
A former member
Post #: 92
Hello,

This has been elevated to the organizers of this meetup, we encourage everyone to let us handle it and not reply to this message board discussion.

Thank you!
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 442
Thank you for sharing, Jenny. This may be unusual -- but not inappropriate -- for sharing on the message board. I hope it stays posted.
Jenny
Fluffy-Snuggler
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 17
Thank you for sharing, Jenny. This may be unusual -- but not inappropriate -- for sharing on the message board. I hope it stays posted.

Thank you for your support Wendy. My purpose for sharing was to alert others who may be in the same or similar situation. This is something I would not wish upon others and will do all within my ability to prevent from reoccurring. MeetUp was intended to be a safe meeting forum for those with similar interests unless themed otherwise.
Chet J.
chetjain
Group Organizer
Menlo Park, CA
Post #: 9
Guys, no more responses required on this. I will investigate and if required delete any in appropriate member from the group.

Going forward, please escalate the issue to me or any of our event organizers before posting on a public forum.

Thx - Chet