The Vegetarians [Bay Area Group] Message Board › PLEASE READ! Vegan Single Mom in Urgent Need of Housing by November 12

PLEASE READ! Vegan Single Mom in Urgent Need of Housing by November 12

Ailla Lauran C.
user 49867102
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 1
Hi,

I'm 32 and have only one child who is 9. She has been vegan her whole life and I have been vegan since I was 18. My daughter and I lost our home as the result of a crime. Our dog and 3 guinea pigs are in foster care. We are currently living in a safe house for crime victims and have reached the end of our stay here. The housing that I had lined up for us fell through at the last minute and we were granted an extension, but only until November 12. I've posted an ad on craigslist but have have not received any replies. I don't know if it's OK to post here, but thought it was worth a try. I am completely sober - no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking. I am not a slob or control freak and don't want to live with anyone who is; I am good about keeping the communal areas clean and would like you to be, too. I would not have any overnight guests. Our dog is a mellow affectionate 13 year-old lab and the guinea pigs would live in a cage in our room. I'm looking to live with a vegan/vegetarian female who likes animals and kids. The last woman we had to share with at the safe house hated children and was unkind towards my daughter, which had a really negative effect on her. I practice non-violent parenting and do not hit my daughter, so if you are a single mom, too, please only reply if you don't use corporal punishment. I would even be willing to take temporary accommodation in a guest room and leave our animals in foster care a little longer just so we can all have a roof over our heads until I find something more permanent. I'm looking for something in Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Santa Clara and North/West San Jose. That general area. My email is veganvixen@mail.com. Thanks for reading.