**** Volunteers Needed! Give back to the group by hosting your own smaller events [dinners, happy hours, brunches, lunches. etc]. Join our Event Host program. ****
==> This event is a Members-Only event [No Guests Allowed]. Besides, membership is free ;-)
==> NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.
==> RSVP Cancellation Cutoff for this Event is 11 am Thu, August 22nd. [Late Cancel applies after this.
Summer Restaurant Week [RW] is back in DC!:
Learn more about DC's Restaurant Week
* Officially runs Aug 19 - 25 [some places will extend the deal beyond these dates]
* 3-course fixed-price dinner special for $35.13 [not including drinks, and our required 30% tax / tip]
So, the minimum cost for the deal is $47 [drinks, wine/beer, and any extras items are additional and still factors our 30% tax/tip. By attending the event, each member agrees to this $ minimum.]
SPECIAL RULE FOR RSVPing to ANY RESTAURANT WEEK EVENT:
Members can ONLY select ONE event to RSVP for. No double-dipping i.e. attending both, (RSVPs may be adjusted by Orgs if needed)
From past experience, there's too many members that want to attend our RW events ... & we'd like to provide more members a chance at attending
Please be considerate & only RSVP 'YES' for one RW event
Our idea for Policy is to be the first and final stop of the evening.
One of DC’s hottest Restaurant and Lounges, award-winning Policy is located in the vibrant U Street neighborhood. With an upscale “diner motif” including the main floor’s “Love Dining Room”, and the airy second floor’s “Liberty Lounge”, this space extends the sentiment of being free and savvy. Decorated with brilliant chandeliers and art work by Andrew funk and Drew Nussbaum, Policy offers two levels of charm and class in a hip and inviting environment.
We have created an environment for our guest which manifests into an unforgettable experience. Start off the evening with some drinks at Happy Hour, followed by a delicious dinner. Spend the rest of the night with friends in the upstairs lounge, complete with music and a full bar.
The restaurant provides an intimate feel not only for couples, but also for a group of people catching up. We’ve taken Global Flavors and infused them with American cuisine putting a unique spin on our dishes. Our brilliant culinary staff provides the most innovative, seasonal menu possible. They develop menus that will evoke emotions and stimulate your taste buds as you eat, providing a unique experience unlike any other in Washington DC.
In addition to food, our beverage program has been well crafted to cater to everyone’s needs. We have a large selection of craft cocktails, an extensive wine list and a diverse selection of beers from domestic old favorites to local craft breweries.
→ Minimum cost for the deal is $47 (any drinks other than tap water such as wine / beer / cocktails, along with any extras items are additional and still factors our 30% tax / tip)
→ By attending the event, each member agrees to this $ minimum. CASH PREFERRED PLEASE!
--> REVIEW MENU: Full menu (RW menu may have fewer options)
==> Tax/Tip combo is our standard 30% [see the FAQs for more details]
==> No Guests [have your friends join, it's free!]
==> Limited to 8 slots
See you there!
CLOSEST METRO: U Street (Green Line)
For directions using the Metro, try using the Trip Planner at the WMATA website.
Parking: Cedar offers $5 validated parking starting 5 pm weekdays ONLY at the PMI Parking garage on D St. between 8th & 9th St (right next to Caucus Room restaurant).
1. Limited to 8 slots.
2. If you RSVP "YES" please make sure you can definitely make it. With 3,800+ members and limited seating, we cannot afford no-shows. It's unfair to the other members who would like to attend and also to the organizers who have to explain to the restaurant why the reserved # of guests didn't show (can damage our reputation). No-Show rules apply.
3. Event already full?, waitlist for the event!. Use the Waitlist option (the Organizer for each event will enable this as needed). Also, check back regularly as attendees have been known to cancel up to Noon the day of the event.
4. Billing (add 30% tax/tip to your bill). Remember, include the required 30% for tip / tax in addition to the food / beverages you order as defined in our FAQs.
5. NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.