**** Volunteers Needed ! Give back to the group by hosting your own smaller events (dinners, happy hours, brunches, lunches. etc). Join our Event Host program. ****
==> This event is a Members-Only event (No Guests Allowed). Besides, membership is free ;-)
==> NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.
==> RSVP Cancellation Cutoff for this Event is 11am Friday, 4/27. (Late Cancel applies after this)
That time of year, little treat to myself to goto a Ray's steakhouse haha
This time, we'll checkout one of the newest Ray's locations -- an intentionally (from a cost-perspective) more-modest / accessible version called Ray's to the Third (between the Rosslyn / Courthouse neighborhoods of Arlington).
Lower pricepoints, different experience from Ray's the Steaks / Ray's the Classics, but still tasty offerings. (new: Boozy milkshakes with some punch! lol)
FOOD: This Ray's offers many of the same steaks found at the other locations, but perhaps not the very highest-end tier / more expensive versions (i.e. dry-aged Rib-eyes for example) which you'll usually pay in the $35+ range. As I've been to all the Ray incarnations in the area, my impression is that it actually takes select items from all the locations but emphasizes the value dishes.
That said, I've been here about a dozen times and have been very satisfied that the quality and more-importantly value is still there. Due to the value statement here, most entrees typically come in a "Frites" mode (i.e Steak, Fries and here, accompanying salad). But with the price structure here it makes sense; for example steaks here average $17 - 23 with perhaps 1 - 2 items above that.
Things to consider for starters include the ubiquitous Ray's Crab Bisque (may be the best the area) and Devilishly Good Eggs (Deviled Eggs w/ Hand-Chopped Steak Tartare on top). For entrees: steaks (duh), Crab Royale (basically a deconstructed 7oz of high-quality crab broiled. It's on all Ray's menus, love this btw), and for veggie folks a Portobello Mushroom Caps which even I as carnivore love to get on occasion.
Alas, there's really no Dessert program here as of now (unless you include the aforementioned Boozy Milkshakes lol), but that hasn't been a problem with the portion sizes between Starters & Entrees at the Ray's establishments.
--> Example of a recent dinner menu & pricepoints (PDF)
SPACE: Like all Ray's, modest comes to mind :) As each Ray's serves as a steakhouse for 'everyday' person, space here imo is just functional (it really is about the food)
==> Tax/Tip combo is our required 30% ( see the FAQs for more details)
==> No Guests (have your friends join, it's free!)
==> Limited to 20 slots
See you there!
CLOSEST METRO: Courthouse / Rosslyn (Orange Line).
The restaurant is about 5 blocks from both the Courthouse & Rosslyn metro stations.
Parking: This ray's has an adjoining parking garage with limited spots, but it's free if there's an open spot!
- The entrance is also on Wilson, in the same building immediately after the restaurant entrance.
- Otherwise, there's metered parking immediate around the area (not impossible to find a spot within a couple of blocks).
For directions using the Metro, try using the Trip Planner at the WMATA website.
Need to Contact the Restaurant? [i.e. confirm location, notify to the group if running late, etc.]. Text on your phone to 466453 (GOOGLE) and type the restaurant name + the city/state in the message body. Google Business Services will text you back with the address and phone #!
1. Limited to 20 slots.
2. If you RSVP "YES" please make sure you can definitely make it. With 2,800+ members and limited seating, we cannot afford no-shows. It's unfair to the other members who would like to attend and also to the organizers who have to explain to the restaurant why the reserved # of guests didn't show (can damage our reputation). No-Show rules apply.
3. Event already full?, waitlist for the event!. Use the Waitlist option (the Organizer for each event will enable this as needed). Also, check back regularly as attendees have been known to cancel up to Noon the day of the event.
4. Billing (add 30% tax/tip to your bill). Remember, include the required 30% for tip / tax in addition to the food / beverages you order as defined in our FAQs.
5. NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.