**** Volunteers Needed! Give back to the group by hosting your own smaller events [dinners, happy hours, brunches, lunches. etc]. Join our Event Host program. ****
==> This event is a Members-Only event [No Guests Allowed]. Besides, membership is free ;-)
==> NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.
==> RSVP Cancellation Cutoff for this Event is 10 a.m. August 13th. [Late Cancel applies after this]
Summer Restaurant Week [RW] is back in DC!:
Learn more about DC's Restaurant Week
* Officially runs Aug 13 - 19 [some places will extend the deal beyond these dates]
* 3-course fixed-price dinner special for $35.12 [not including drinks, and our required 30% tax / tip]
So, the minimum cost for the deal is $47 [drinks, wine/beer, and any extras items are additional and still factors our 30% tax/tip. By attending the event, each member agrees to this $ minimum.]
SPECIAL RULE FOR RSVPing
to ANY RESTAURANT WEEK EVENT:
- Members can ONLY select ONE event to RSVP for. No double-dipping i.e. attending both, (RSVPs may be adjusted by Orgs if needed)
- From past experience, there's too many members that want to attend pur RW events & we'd like to provide more members a chance at attending
- Please be considerate & only RSVP 'YES' for one RW event
Fellow member & Event Host Colleen has offered to Host a RW event! She's going to visit one of best in the area for Italian particularly for their in-house pastas, Siroc Restaurant.
This one's a popular event (always gets rave reviews from attendees, see here and here).
We've been here before to excellent reviews. Also Siroc [trivia for those inclined: Siroc's name comes from a wind that blows from northern Africa to Italy and the Mediterranean] was rated the #2 Best New DC-Metro Restaurant for 2009 by the Washington CityPaper food critic Tim Carman & continues to produce high-quality food since then.
FOOD: Chef Martin Lackovic (formerly of Galileo, I Matti and The Caucus Room ... nice pedigree!) is serving-up creative North Italian / Mediterranean cuisine using seasonal ingredients. Their in-house pastas especially are among the best in the area, but the other dishes aren't slouches. There's winners on each dining course.
UPDATE, MENU KNOWN! For Restaurant Week, Siroc is continuing to offer a 4-course Special Menu:
STARTERS -- Choice Of:
- House-made Spicy Lamb Sausages with Sauteed Rapini,Garlic and Ligurian Black Olive Sauce
- Baby Arrugola with Truffled Red Beets, Shaved Cave-aged Goat Cheese, Toasted Pine Nuts and a Black Pepper Vinaigrette
- House-made Burrata served with Tomato, Sweet and Sour Eggplant, Red Onion and a Mint Puree
PASTA COURSE -- Choice Of:
- Cappellacci filled with Roasted Butternut Squash, Amaretti, Mostarda di Frutta and Mascarpone served with Sage Butter and Shaved Ricotta Salata
- Fettuccine with a Bolognese of Beef Tenderloin, Pancetta, Tomato and Herbs topped with Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Black Pepper Tagliatelle Cooked with Seared Jumbo Day Boat Scallops, Roasted Garlic, Shellfish Broth and Basil
ENTREE COURSE -- Choice Of:
- Domestic Snapper Filet on Cauliflower Puree served with Sauteed Snow Peas and Wild Mushrooms
- Pan Seared Muscovy Duck Breast served with a Turnip and Fontina Cheese Gratin, Sauteed Zucchini, Roasted Figs and a Star Anise Sauce
- Braised Lamb Shank layered with Eggplant, Pecorino Cheese and Marjoram served with a Roasted Sweet Red Pepper Sauce (this one's popular, has never left the menu)
DESSERT -- Choice Of:
- Poached Pear in Ginger and Red Wine served with Mascarpone Gelato
- Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Encrusted with Crushed Hazelnuts served with Raspberries and a Raspberry Crème Anglaise
- Warm Almond Cake served with Cinnamon Zabaglione, topped with Fresh Blueberry Topping (always a winner, zabaglione & topping changes seasonally)
SPACE: Sophisticated and contemporary, very nice looking space. Dress code is business casual (not a big deal for most of us as this event is on a worknight), but I've schlepped here before in nice dark jeans & shoes.
==> Minimum cost for the deal is $47. Tax/Tip combo is our standard 30% for upcharged or additional items like wine, coffee, cocktails, etc.
==> Visit Siroc's website for more information.
==> Tax/Tip combo is our standard 30% [see the FAQs for more details]
==> No Guests [have your friends join, it's free!]
==> Limited to 8 slots
See you there!
- McPherson Square [Orange and Blue Lines]. Quick 1 block walk from the Metro, closest entrance/exit at "15th and I" Street.
- Farragut North [Red Line]. Walk east on K Street 4 blocks. Turn right on the second 15th Street. Restaurant is on the left.
For directions using the Metro, try using the Trip Planner at the WMATA website.
PARKING: $10 Valet parking is available. Also, there's on-street metered parking & garages galore as well. The 13th Street PMI Garage is one of the few in DC that's 24/7, that's in the area:
1325 G Street, NW
Entrance: on G Street between 13th and 14th Streets, NW
1. Limited to 8 slots.
2. If you RSVP "YES" please make sure you can definitely make it. With 3,300+ members and limited seating, we cannot afford no-shows. It's unfair to the other members who would like to attend and also to the organizers who have to explain to the restaurant why the reserved # of guests didn't show (can damage our reputation). No-Show rules apply.
3. Event already full?, waitlist for the event!. Use the Waitlist option (the Organizer for each event will enable this as needed). Also, check back regularly as attendees have been known to cancel up to Noon the day of the event.
4. Billing (add 30% tax/tip to your bill). Remember, include the required 30% for tip / tax in addition to the food / beverages you order as defined in our FAQs.
5. NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.