**** Volunteers Needed ! Give back to the group by hosting your own smaller events (dinners, happy hours, brunches, lunches. etc). Join our Event Host program. ****
==> NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.
==> RSVP Cancellation Cutoff for this Event is 10 am Friday, 2/22. (Late Cancel applies after this)
Don't know about you, but I'm still in the mood for a great Restaurant Week experience. Well no one did an event at one of my favorite places for DC Restaurant Week, so I worked with the Mgmt to come up with a priced-fixed menu very very similar to the RW menu the restaurant offered just a couple of weeks ago.
So we're heading back to Cedar for a RW-like experience just for our group!
FOOD: Cedar serves Contemporary American, with an emphasis on game meat (you shouldn't be surprised to find dishes using venison, lamb, wild boar on the ever-changing menu). Think of Cedar's approach as "rural flavors meets urban style".
Exec Chef Aaron McCloud has really transformed the menu over the past year with a whimsical, modern take on American cuisine but still a strong emphasis on using local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. I've eaten here plenty of times (lunch, brunch, dinner and bar noshing prior to a movie / game). Both food and service are quality here.
→ The minimum cost for the dinner is $47 (any drinks other than tap water such as wine / beer / cocktails, along with any extras items are additional and still factors our 30% tax / tip)
By attending the event, each member agrees to this $ minimum. CASH PREFERRED PLEASE!
→ No menu substitutions will be allowed (see menu below for full details)
Appz: (choice of)
- Apple and Fennel Soup w/ fried shallots, spiced panna cotta
- Salad of Beets and Bleu Cheese w/ baby greens, pickled onions
- Chesapeake Oyster Pan Roast w/ salsify, leeks, grilled bread (love, must try)
Mains: (choice of)
- Almond Crusted Virginia Flounder w/ rutabaga "pie", amaretto beurre blanc, rapini
- Pork in Two Styles: tenderloin and belly, carrot and cardamom puree, heirloom carrots (pork belly!)
- Grilled Lamb Sausage w/ winter bean and vegetable ragout, feta, balsamic
- Petit Filet of Beef w/ wild mushroom bread pudding, mushroom jus
- Sweet Potato and Rutabaga Gratin w/ brussel sprouts leaves, celery root puree, cranberry (Veggie)
Dessert: (choice of)
- Coconut Tres Leches Cake w/ passion fruit sauce and sorbet (great version)
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Praline w/ Jibara chocolate ice cream, chocolate crumble
- Cookies and Milk: warm chocolate cookies, sweet vanilla milk
OPTIONAL! Wine pairings
- 3-course wine pairings - $20 (=$72 minimum total cost)
- 3-course wine pairings using premium wines - $30 (=$85 minimum total cost)
SPACE: The restaurant is below-ground, but its nice-looking space. You'll find lots of warm tones, wood, and images of digitally-reproduced cedar forest on the walls. Can be a bit chatty though if the place is crowded
==> Tax/Tip combo is our required 30% tax/tip policy ( see the FAQs for more details)
==> Limited to 20 slots
See you there!
CLOSEST METRO: Chinatown, Metro Center, and National Archives. Easy walking distance to all 5 metro lines (map)!
For directions using the Metro, try using the Trip Planner at the WMATA website.
Parking: Cedar offers $5 validated parking starting 5 pm weekdays ONLY at the PMI Parking garage on D St. between 8th & 9th St (right next to Caucus Room restaurant).
1. Limited to 20 slots.
2. If you RSVP "YES" please make sure you can definitely make it. With 3,700+ members and limited seating, we cannot afford no-shows. It's unfair to the other members who would like to attend and also to the organizers who have to explain to the restaurant why the reserved # of guests didn't show (can damage our reputation). No-Show rules apply.
3. Event already full?, waitlist for the event!. Use the Waitlist option (the Organizer for each event will enable this as needed). Also, check back regularly as attendees have been known to cancel up to Noon the day of the event.
4. Billing (add 30% tax/tip to your bill). Remember, include the required 30% for tip / tax in addition to the food / beverages you order as defined in our FAQs.
5. NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs and our No-Show Policy.