I've lived in Atlanta for over 13 years and have taken many places for granted like Coca-Cola Museum and CNN center. One at a time, we will discover these landmarks together.
Did you know:
- Coca-Cola was invented in Atlanta in 1886.
- Over 500 beverage brands are sold in 200 countries.
- Coca-Cola sells soup in a can! Bistrone is a nourishing meal on the go, available in two flavors in Japan.
- Before it goes to market, each Coca-Cola product undergoes nearly 450 different tests to ensure that ingredient and packaging quality meets Company standards.
Over 1,200 artifacts representing Coca-Cola's rich heritage can be viewed at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta. In Milestones of Refreshment, you can walk through time and re-live the fascinating history of the brands, the company and the people.
The museum is open till 4.30pm and self guided visit typically take 90 mins to 2 hours.
After the tour we'll walk across Baker street and hang out in the Centennial Olympic park, play Frisbee, throw ball, and have a small picnic (weather permitting). Please dress appropriately and BYOP (picnic). The forecast is for highs in 58s and 70% clear.
Entry fee: $16, or $15 if we have a group larger than 25.
Parking address & directions: Lot in the next block is $4-6, compared to $10 at Coca-Cola.
316 Williams st nw, Atlanta, GA
From I-75 Southbound take exit 249C for World congress center/Ga dome/Aquarium; go through 2 lights and enter the parking lot on right as soon as you pass "Simpson st NW". If you turn right onto Simpson st, that's ok too, as there are additional parkings for $1 to $2 more as this street leads you to the museum.
- MARTA stop W1: Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center
- MARTA stop N1: Peachtree Center
Approximately 10 min walk from either station
Something from Coke:
Welcome to the World of Coca-Cola (Coke) tour in Atlanta! Whether you’re curious to see what’s inside, or planning your upcoming visit, we invite you to explore inside the World of Coca-Cola through this interactive experience complete with video highlights, images and descriptions. We look forward to seeing you at the World of Coca-Cola soon.