After slip sliding home tonight and checking the weather for tomorrow, I wanted everyone to know - Do not drive tomorrow if the weather doesn't get better. I hate to cancel a social that has so many RSVP's so I'm leaving it posted for those who live close by and if the weather decides to get better. The specials are still on, the bands will still play, so if Mother Nature and the Atlanta DOT decide to clear the way - then come on out!! But please use your best judgement. Currently the roads are freezing and it's still snowing. The temperature tomorrow is not supposed to get above 27 which means, the snow and ice won't melt.
At this point, I'm not sure that I will make it to the social. Either myself or one of the other organizers will send another update tomorrow to let you know how things look.
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:http://www.meetup.com/thirty-fiveup/calendar/12113509/
When: Friday, January 8,[masked]:00 PM
Smiths Olde Bar
1578 Piedmont Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/thirty-fiveup/suggestion/