Gary R.
user 3396824
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 23
Here it is! The best ever! smile

Thanks for sharing Inkeri

Hi!

Base the soup on your favorite quart sized jar of salsa. Fresh is better! I buy mine from Costco! In the soup pot, saute Jimmy Dean sausage, vegetarian sausage or turkey sausage. I think turkey or regular hamburger would be fine as well or no meat at all. Do whatever suites your dietary needs.
Add 2-3 different kinds of beans into it. I prefer black, red, kidney and black-eyed beans. Add 3-4 small-medium potatoes cut in small cubes. My recipe is always different. You can be very flexible with most of the ingredients but make sure you base it on the very good salsa.

Enjoy!

Inkeri
Chris B.
user 8914951
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 69
Sounds good, thanks for sharing! biggrin
Cindy-B
C-Bear
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 39
The soup was delicious at the Butcher Jones hike. Thanks for sharing the soup & the recipe!laughing
Inkeri M.
eevainkeri
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
Thank you Cindy for liking my soup! It's very easy to make: I saute Jim Deen's sausage in the pot, then rinse the sausage with hot water to get most of the fat off, you can do the same when using hamburger. You can use any meat or go meatless. Add a 16 oz. jar or more of fresh salsa(Costco). I add tons of different kinds of beans into the pot, and voila it's done. You can chop a green pepper and green or white onion on top but this is not necessary. Mine is always different from the previous Southwestern soup I make! You can also use it as a dip for the chips!