Hiking Hikers Hiking Group Message Board › Morning hikes

Morning hikes

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone out there on summer break want to do some early/mid morning hikes during the week? Let me know!
Patricia
Patricia_E
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 40
Anyone out there on summer break want to do some early/mid morning hikes during the week? Let me know!

I have been doing a short 40-min hike on Tues and Thurs mornings at 5 am at the 32nd St and Lincoln trailhead to the Phoenix Mtn preserve or whatever it's called by Piewesta Peak. I'd be happy to have a partner but I understand if that's too early.

Patricia
A former member
Post #: 3
Patricia, what is your pace? If it's not too fast (I've done that trail but I am not a fast hiker, especially uphill), I would love that early morning hour. I really do not want to slow you down so be honest re your pace -- thanks much! BTW: I wish there were MORE VERY early hikes as I don't (can't) hike when it's 90 degrees and hotter. Liz
barb b.
user 11385883
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 22
I am up for the early morning as well. 5 AM works great for me.
I am sort of an intermediate paced hiker.
Where should we meet and when.
A former member
Post #: 6
I am like Liz. Not fast uphill. I figure, what's the rush. I don't mind early morning because I don't do
the heat either.
A former member
Post #: 2
Let's try the trailhead Patricia does on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5am. Beat the heat!
barb b.
user 11385883
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 23
Want to just meet at the trail head? I can't do it tomorrow but am up for Thur 5/27 if anyone else is game. If the gate is not open to the lot we can park over by Chase Bank, Lohman's etc.
Patricia
Patricia_E
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 41
Sorry I didn't respond quickly. I thought I was tracking this but maybe not. Anyway, I'll be at the trail head at 5am tomorrow and Thursday. I drive an aqua Honda. I have no idea what my pace is. I try to go fairly quickly. I sometimes like to run a little going downhill but I understand if you aren't into that.
A former member
Post #: 3
Turns out I am not going to be able to make it. I live in the far west valley so I think I am going to try to go somewhere closer to buckeye/Goodyear. Have fun and let me know if you want to meet up in the west valley!
Patricia
Patricia_E
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 44
Gals, can we meet at 5:15? I need an extra 15 minutes. Let me know if you are coming tomorrow.