3rd/Thursday Interactive Meetup Message Board › Yahoo! Inc is hiring a Sr.Interaction Designer in Denver, CO
|A former member||
Sr. Interaction Designer, Y! Associated Content
Location: Denver, CO
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online--in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it's big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
Yahoo! and Associated Content have joined forces!
Yahoo!, the web's most trafficked and well-known global media brand, and Associated Content are combining in order to take The People's Media Company concept to the highest level imaginable! As a part of Yahoo!, Associated Content's hundreds of thousands of Contributors will have more opportunities, new distribution channels, and the support of the web's biggest, most powerful media brand behind them! By adding Associated Content to its network of properties, Yahoo! can boast the web's most sophisticated crowd-sourced content platform, over 2 million articles and videos - and, most importantly, you - the web's largest, most prolific and talented community of content creators.
We are looking for a Sr. Interaction Designer to serve as a project planner and work hands on to revamp our UI/UX initiatives. You will play a key role in developing and executing creative strategy around user-centered design (UCD) activities, mixing business and user goals to create awesome online experiences for our users.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about (and formally trained in) creating intuitive and engaging user experiences with a modern, balanced, clean and concise design sense. A technical background (LAMP stack) that would allow them to help take a project from concept to completion is a huge plus.
We also need someone who is an ambitious self-starter, a team player and is at ease in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once on tight deadlines. You will play a role in formulating, establishing and annotating the navigation, functionality, organizational structure, and page-to-page flow for our site and brand sponsored special sections. The role requires a balance of strategic and conceptual thinking, on top of strong organizational skills.
• Project planning and communication across technology, sales and business development
• Helping to define the user model and user interface for new and existing Associated Content products and features.
• Developing high level and/or detailed storyboards, create mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, conduct eye tracking studies, A/B testing and focus groups for gathering feedback.
• Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
• Killer Graphic and UI design skills in an Adobe friendly environment
• Adobe Flash development experience (XML parsing, tracking interaction metrics)
• Requires a MS/BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a User Experience/Information Architect in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following research methods: ethnographic research, HCI( Human Computer Interaction), usability testing, participatory design, focus groups, surveys, expert evaluation, or web data analytics (e.g. conversion analysis)
• The ability to understand client goals/objectives and make recommendations to design/transform the web site to meet them.
• Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills
• Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behavior.
• Effective problem-solving skills
• The ability to think abstractly, creatively, and apply good design principles.
• Must organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Expert JS, CSS and HTML presentation layer development skills.
• Experience in LAMP environment a HUGE plus
• Strong, clean visual design sense.
• Mad wire framing skills! (Graph paper provided)
• Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.....