Sustainably than the homes we choose to live in. Join Sharon Read of Seattle Tiny Homes at Seattle Solar Fest this Saturday, July 27, from 1:00-1:45 p.m. on the Yellow stage as she talks about the problems inherent with “normal” houses and the tiny home revolution that is giving people new options. You’ll learn about the benefits of tiny homes, practical considerations for living in a tiny space, and the different needs filled by tiny homes. Come with your questions – we’ll allow time to answer them – and learn more about this new exciting option for living more sustainably! Also, we will have our Ballard model on display there. Please stop by and see us.
See you there!
Fun in the Sun at NW SolarFest!
10th Annual NW SolarFest: Renewable Energy & Sustainable Living Fair
Shoreline, WA (June, 2013) – On Saturday, July 27th at Shoreline Community College from 10am to 6 pm the public is invited to drop all their cares and enjoy some spontaneous fun, for Free. Highlights include:
• Performances by Casper Babypants (11am), Baby Gramps (2:00pm), Gallus Brothers (3:30pm), Louis Ledford (5:00pm), Hot Damn Scandal (6:30pm)
• Ciscoe Morris, “Gardening with Ciscoe” is a featured speaker (2:00pm))
• Barter Fair, bring your home grown or homemade items to trade (2-4pm)
• KidZone, mini solar car give-a-way (first 300 kids) then race your car
• NW EcoBuilding workshops, hourly from 11am-4pm
• Transportation Zone features electric bikes, motorcycle, cars
• Exhibits, Presentations on inside and outside stages, urban livestock, KIDZone, Transportation Zone, Solar Cooking Demonstrations, Live Music, Food and Beer Garden.
NW SolarFest is an outdoor annual regional event supported by the City of Shoreline, Shoreline Community College, Seattle City Light and many others and is organized by Shoreline Solar Project. The free event will run from 10 am to 6 pm at Shoreline Community College, 16101 Greenwood Avenue North, with the beer garden and the live music continuing until 8 pm.
Metro Route 5, 331 and 345 serve the college on Saturdays.