Michael Tex D.
user 9406728
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1,443
I'm curious to see how many KYMCO parts will be factory parts on the BMW... A lot of Arctic Cat ATVs out there have KYMCO logos all over them when you look beyond the plastic. Will this be the same?

Apples and Oranges - I know someone will say I am comparing Apples and Oranges.

I'm curious Which Kymco scooter uses the same 647cc parallel twin-cylinder engine as BMW scooters?

My other ride is a VW Tiguan why did I buy it over the Audi Q3/Q5? Because I’m cheap and the Tiguan is built on the same chassis and uses the same engine and sells for a fraction of the price.

It’s like the Volkswagen Routan. It would be nice to drive the VW Routan but why would I spend more just for the VW logo just to get a porsh interior, better audio and navigation system when I could just get the Chrysler or Dodge minivan that is powered by Chrysler's V6 engine?
JJ
user 4006868
Caledonia, ON
Post #: 4,641
Detuned "My Road"!
Adrian
rocksyourworld
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4,591
I'm curious to see how many KYMCO parts will be factory parts on the BMW... A lot of Arctic Cat ATVs out there have KYMCO logos all over them when you look beyond the plastic. Will this be the same?

Apples and Oranges - I know someone will say I am comparing Apples and Oranges.

I'm curious Which Kymco scooter uses the same 647cc parallel twin-cylinder engine as BMW scooters?

My other ride is a VW Tiguan why did I buy it over the Audi Q3/Q5? Because I’m cheap and the Tiguan is built on the same chassis and uses the same engine and sells for a fraction of the price.

It’s like the Volkswagen Routan. It would be nice to drive the VW Routan but why would I spend more just for the VW logo just to get a porsh interior, better audio and navigation system when I could just get the Chrysler or Dodge minivan that is powered by Chrysler's V6 engine?

No KYMCO scooter uses a 650cc engine, but KYMCO has been producing the MyRoad 700i and selling it in Europe for years now.

http://www.youmotorcy...­

KYMCO also has the MXU 700i ATV which uses an entirely different motor, so two different 700cc engines, no 650cc BMW engines. Although KYMCO makes the engine for BMW's 450 Enduro.

A recent CENS article briefly mentions the "engine technologies devised by BMW" on the Xciting 400 and the K-XCT 300. It also mentions one more layer to the KYMCO / Kawasaki connection, I previously thought they only shared a factory, it looks like there may be more to it?

Check out the CENS (Taiwan's Economic News) story here: http://cens.com/cens/...­
James
vespacar
Toronto, ON
Post #: 153
It's at dealers in the US, anyone see/try one here yet?

We could always meet up for a test drive day at one dealership when they get here.

Cheers,
James/Tross
Matrix
user 9707340
Brampton, ON
Post #: 114
If anyone wants a good review by someone that just bought one, read this from my good friends site... excellent review;

http://maxi-scoots.co...­
A former member
Post #: 21
My brother in London, Ont. picked his up a couple of weeks ago. Loves it.