addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Toronto Moto Scooter Club Message Board › Road hazards to watch out for in Toronto

Road hazards to watch out for in Toronto

A former member
Post #: 5,854
Thought I'd start this thread, Not sure if it was done before.

Noticed some cement blobs on the road on Yonge Street south,
Just before the top of the hill in Hogs Hollow, Watch out for this line of blobs,
They are a really nasty road hazard, They are in the slow lane.

Ran over a few of them today on my way home after doing 4 hours of work,
Besides the nasty weather and hydro planing, I wasn't ready for the cement blobs on the road.
Adrian
rocksyourworld
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4,533
Me. If you see me in your mirror, make way and stay clear lol
A former member
Post #: 5,856
Tar snakes and lots of them everywhere in Toronto,
A particularly nasty one to get caught in is on the DVP southbound fast lane
just before the Lawrence and Wynford drive turn off.

Don mills road is riddled with them as well,
Too many to list at the moment, Cracks in the road too.
Steve_YYZ
Steve_YYZ
North York, ON
Post #: 821
The sad reality is that year-by-year, Metro Toronto roads are getting worse and worse. The city is simply cutting back on road maintenance. My nominee for worst has to be Dufferin south of Eglinton. What a disaster of bumps, potholes and broken pavement.

A former member
Post #: 3,698
Worst road knuckles I've ever seen... corner of St. Clair & Kingston Road - East bound on St. Clair, right hand lane in front of the Canadian Tire.

Buses end up stopping there for long periods of time and have made the road sink badly. If you're approaching that intersection on St. Clair, stay in the left lane!!!
A former member
Post #: 3,699
Charles St. West between Jarvis & Yonge St.

Thinking about avoiding the traffic backlog on Bloor? Charles would be a great street to use to get all the way over to University, however, between Jarvis and Yonge it is a nightmare to ride. There isn't a smooth spot on that stretch of road. It'll rattle your fillings out!
A former member
Post #: 3,700
Ellesmere and or Lawrence, east of McCowan all the way out Kingston Rd.

Seriously, Toronto needs to fix these two major roads - hazardous, uncomfortable and frankly embarrassing for a city of this stature to have roads this bad.
Suzanna
SuzannaW
Group Organizer
Richmond Hill, ON
Post #: 1,077
Can we start a petition and send this to City hall?
HARRY J. R.
user 10316436
Scarborough, ON
Post #: 30
I think Suzanna's sugestion for a petition is a great idea.
Thousands of bikers in the GTA pay license fees that are supposed to be used to maintain roads and highways.

The condition of most city roads are a serious hazzard to cars and for two wheelers they are life threatening!!!

Is there an easy way to contact other clubs and get sufficient support to make politicians listen?

There is everything from a Ride for Sight to a Ride for left handed Presbyterians. Let's have a Ride for Safer Roads!
Suzanna
SuzannaW
Group Organizer
Richmond Hill, ON
Post #: 1,079
We could ride around Queens Park and or City Hall! Who do we direct this to?