The Toronto Moto Scooter Club Message Board › toronto to vancouver

toronto to vancouver

Doreen R.
DoreenR
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
is anyone interested in riding from toronto to vancouver this summer and seeing the sites along the way?
Kara
KaraBella
Toronto, ON
Post #: 89
maybe... when were you thinking and what are you riding? All Canadian route or crossing into the USA for part?
Steve_YYZ
Steve_YYZ
North York, ON
Post #: 965
Wrong way.... I'm headed east for 11 days in June/July. All the way to Vancouver will be quite the adventure.
Benny
DiavoloFortunato
Toronto, ON
Post #: 14,210
Still working full time, which would make such a journey impossible at this stage of my life. Enjoy yourself though.
Doreen R.
DoreenR
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
maybe... when were you thinking and what are you riding? All Canadian route or crossing into the USA for part?
all canadian. I am riding a 250 Hyosung in the summer end of june july aug
JJ
user 4006868
Caledonia, ON
Post #: 4,715
Make sure the bike is ready for it. Valves adjusted, fluid changes , tires etc. Trans Canada hwy is a lonely boring road!
A former member
Post #: 12
all canadian. I am riding a 250 Hyosung in the summer end of june july aug

From Toronto to Winnipeg the ride is fine (2000km) from Winnipeg to Edmonton is a long (2800 km) boring ride unless you like hay fields, silos and grain towers. From Edmonton to Vancouver in the mountains is a good ride but it can get cool in the high altitudes even in July.

I rode from Toronto to Edmonton in 4.5 days just to get out of the prairies although it is an experience.

Gas is cheaper in the states

I would consider riding to Thunder Bay (1400km) then cross over to the states.

jason
user 7227953
Pickering, ON
Post #: 179
We have 3 bikes (3 couples so far) riding out to Montana in July. Leaving on Friday, July 12. for 10 day, returning to GTA by Sunday, July 21. Will be traveling in the state side. Gas, food and accommodation is cheaper.

Our plan is to be in Rapid City, South Dakota in 2 1/2 days. From there will be riding to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Needles Parkway, Custer National Park, Sturgis (not there for the Rally). May ride to Yellow Stone Park, then up to Bear Tooth Pass in Montana.

Will be covering approx. 7000 - 8000 kms. in 10 days.

Anyone is welcome to travel with us.
JJ
user 4006868
Caledonia, ON
Post #: 4,716
Jason, great trip you have planned with seeing the sites also. Been through that same area a years ago when I retired and then on to Jasper in Canada, returned stateside also. Definitely keeps costs down travelling south of the border.