The Toronto Moto Scooter Club Message Board › Moving a Scooter

Moving a Scooter

Cynthia K.
Carnivoress
Toronto, ON
Post #: 192
Hi Everyone,

I want to ship a scooter to the maritimes. I won't have the time to ride it all the way there. Will a regular moving company tackle this or does one need to use a specialty service for transporting a scooter?
Matrix
user 9707340
Brampton, ON
Post #: 117
Hello Cynthia,

The proper way of transporting a Scooter or Motorcycle is to contact a company that specializes in that area, or you can try and have the scooter crated up yourself and try a common carrier (Day & Ross etc....) I am a Professional Freight Forward, however when it comes to moving Motorcycles I would contact someone that has experience, it will be more expensive, however it will be peace of mind.

I would suggest contacting the following people, or completing the online form to get a quote, you will most likely need to drain the gas tank and take the battery off...

http://www.automoves....­
A former member
Post #: 3,183
or find someone willing to drive it there for you that doesn't mind flying back
Steve_YYZ
Steve_YYZ
North York, ON
Post #: 966
What size/type of scooter and where in the Maritimes is it going to?
Dan F.
Dan.Fisher
Toronto, ON
Post #: 141
I have strapped my scooter into the back of my companies work truck several times. It's basically a moving truck. If you have the room I would say try and fit it in. Assuming your moving there
Kenny M.
oshawaKenny
Oshawa, ON
Post #: 147
when I bought my scooter I moved it from Ottawa to Oshawa in the back of a pickup truck. Keeping the scooter upright at 90 degrees and all the way forward is important, then just strap down front and back with 2 straps and it should be fine.
Adrian
rocksyourworld
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4,623
Try seeing if Studio Cycle can offer you some advice. I know they've had motorcycle purchases shipped out of province for customers before, maybe they can help.