Toronto Node.js Message Board › We need a meetup

We need a meetup

Geoff
libertytoast
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Our Toronto office is located in a shared space/co-working place. It's located near Bloor and Bathurst. I'm going to look into the policy regarding meet ups but I expect it shouldn't be a problem. Any interest in holding a meetup sometime in Feb?

I'm willing to do a brief talk on the CouchDB clone in nodejs I was working on. It's a bit of a sad ending, but it was a great POC. Anyone else have anything they'd like to share?

Neal P.
user 2328656
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Geoff. We've been discussing scheduling the first meetup for mid February, with the 13th and 14th (tuesday & wednesday) as tentative dates.

It would be great if you could give us a talk about your CouchDB clone, and we're also looking for someone to provide a introductory level talk. There are a lot of members who are new to, or just considering node, we'd like the first meetup to cater to everyone. Perhaps someone is willing to discuss best practices for newcomers, or a review of the most useful and commonly used packages?

Cheers,

Neal

Geoff
libertytoast
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
We should probably avoid valentines day :)

Alternatively, if no one else is excited to talk I can give a short talk about why you'd want to use nodejs, who's using it, and maybe answer questions instead. I can always save the CouchDB clone talk for later.

Newbies watch one of the videos already out there like the one on nodejs.org front page:

http://www.youtube.co...­

I know the originator/author does a much better job of it than I could. (Note, if you're using OS X or Windows you don't need to compile it yourself anymore.)

Graeme C.
user 33211462
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Good stuff, I'm not a talker but looking forward to a meetup. Prefer evenings and weekends, since I'm out in Oakville. Thanks all.
Neal P.
user 2328656
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Yes, definitely a good idea to avoid valentines day - could have gotten myself in some trouble with that, thanks Geoff!

I've tentatively scheduled the first meeting for the 15th (Wednesday), location tbd.