AIT for short!
Asian? In Toronto? In your 20s or 30s? Just looking to expand your circle of friends? Ready to have fun, fun, fun? Then this group is for YOU!
This group is for all you fun crazy wacky Asians out there in the GTA!
The quiet ones are welcome too because we'll bring the fun crazy side out of you! GUARANTEE!
BEFORE WE GO OUT & PLAY...some RULES:
- This is not a dating service nor is it just solely for singles! Couples are welcome!
- Please respect this group and our members! Once again, this is NOT a dating service/group for singles! However, if you happen to meet someone from this group and build a relationship with them outside the group, that's great! I just don't want people feeling "pressured" or feel that this group is some sort of dating network!
RSVP & Attendance Policy:
Here at Asians In Toronto, we put in a lot of effort in planning and organizing events to provide a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone. Therefore, when you RSVP "YES" to an event, you are expected to commit to your RSVP to the event and observe the following RSVP policies:
1. RSVP Cancellation Deadline: Every event will have a RSVP cancellation deadline. This deadline can be found on the event description page. Basically, this is the last day that you can cancel your RSVP. After this deadline, you are considered committed to your RSVP to the event. If you need to cancel your RSVP,
cancel before the deadline.
2. Late Bail Out (LBO): If you cancel your RSVP AFTER the RSVP cancellation deadline, you are now considered to have Late Bailed Out (LBO) for the event. You will receive a strike on your record with the group (which will say something like "LBOmmddyy", where "mmddyy" is the date of the event you late bailed).
3. No Show (NS): If you have RSVP'd "YES" to an event, and you did not show up at the event. You are now considered No Show for the event. You will be removed from the group immediately.
This is in effect because we consider No Show to be inconsiderate and disrespectful to the hard work that our organizers have put into organizing and hosting events (you wouldn't do this to your friends or family right?).
However, if special circumstances applied to your No Show; it is up to you to inform the event organizer of such circumstances. It is at the sole discretion of the organizer to remove the ban or apply a no show strike on your record.
4. Event Crashing (EC): Participation of all AIT events requires RSVP sign-up. Our organizers need to know exactly how many people will show up at an event so they can plan accordingly. If you show up at an event without prior RSVP or have not obtained permission from the event organizer to attend the event without RSVP'ing, you will cause event accommodation issues for the organizer. We do not appreciate nor accept this behavior.
Therefore, if you show up at an event without prior RSVP or event organizer approval, you will receive a strike on your record for Event Crashing (EC), which will say something like "ECmmddyy", where "mmddyy" is the date of the event which EC occurred.
5. Two(2) Strike Policy: AIT is currently operating on a two strike RSVP policy, if you have accumulated 2 strikes/warnings on your record of any kind, you are immediately removed from the group.
6. Inviting guests to events: Some events may allow members to invite guest(s) to attend the event. If you would like to bring a friend to an event, please note that all rules & policies will extend to your guest on your behalf. All policy violations associated with your guest will be reflected on your record (For example: if your guest have LBO'ed from an event, it may result in a LBO strike on your record. If your guest has No Show'ed at the event or if we receive harassment complaints regarding the guest from other AIT members, then you may be removed from the group permanently). Therefore, please invite guests wisely in order to ensure that the guest invitations will not result in a negative impact on your membership standing with AIT.
Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy
Asians in Toronto is NOT a dating group but instead is meant to be a social group with ZERO expectations, ZERO pressure and ZERO HARASSMENT between our members. We have ZERO TOLERANCE towards harassment of any kind within the group.
This includes and is not limited to acts of harassments conducted through phone, email, text messaging, AIT meetup member messaging or during an AIT event.
All members are encouraged to inform the organizer team immediately if he/she has been subjected to such acts of harassment. We will investigate the issue immediately and the member causing the harassment will be removed from the group immediately. We strive to maintain Asians In Toronto as a friendly, positive and safe social environment for all members.
All non-AIT related advertisement/promotional postings and/or actions within the group must be pre-approved by the organizers. Violators of this policy may risk being banned from the group.
Copyright (R) 2014 by Asians In Toronto.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication of members policies may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Asians In Toronto.
Now that we're all CLEAR...let's go out & have some fun!
1,659 Richmond Hillians
2,291 International Friends
3,048 Torontonians & Global Citizens