Note: make sure you arrive by 6:30! Doors open at 6pm. If you arrive late you’ll be assigned to the group with the smallest number of attendees, which probably means you’ll spend the night programming interfaces in Haskell. If that thought makes you squeamish or you don’t know what that means then don’t be late!
Regular meetup description:
We work in small, self-assembled groups and we'll share our results at the end of the night.
It's important to have project ideas ahead of time, so please do the following:
1. subscribe to js weekly
2. pick something interesting
3. post a comment about it here
Examples of interesting projects:
- try a framework: noflo, meteor, ~todomvc, etc
- try a library: q, allong.es, bilby, lemonad, etc
- try a language: fay, elm, roy, clojurescript, flapjax, etc
- try some web apis: audio, webgl, svg, webrtc, etc
- go parallel: workers, river trail, webcl, etc
Another great way to learn JS is by reading the source of good libraries -- underscore.js is a solid starting point.