Ever wondered what JS would be like with hygienic macros? Join Diego as he leads us through the delicious candyland of sweet.js. We'll also have space available for those who would rather socialize and slack while they hack. It's going to be legen... wait for it... dairy-free-sweetener. Self-five!
We'll also be giving away a ticket to jQueryTO! You'll be automatically entered to win by posting a project idea on the discussion board or in the comments for this event.
-------------- regular description follows ----------------
We work in small, self-assembled groups and we'll share our results at the end of the night.
It's important to have project ideas ahead of time, so please do the following:
1. subscribe to js weekly
2. pick something interesting
3. post a comment about it here
Examples of interesting projects:
- try a framework: noflo, meteor, ~todomvc, etc
- try a library: q, allong.es, bilby, lemonad, etc
- try a language: fay, elm, roy, clojurescript, flapjax, etc
- try some web apis: audio, webgl, svg, webrtc, etc
- go parallel: workers, river trail, webcl, etc
Another great way to learn JS is by reading the source of good libraries -- underscore.js is a solid starting point.