Yet another skill builder series workshop.
Posing and communicating your thoughts to a model is a nerve wrecking experience for most photographers, for some even late into their "short" career. However this doesn't have to be the case for you.
With this workshop we will teach you a lot of the skills you need to know to improve your images and communication skills on the set.
What you will learn:
- Better communication skills with your subject
- Ways to communicate the image in your head
- Ways to help you find better poses before the shoot
- Ways to tweak the poses you get from your models
- Facial and body analysis *
- putting it all together
We get a chance to work with our very own, Naima.
Who it's for?
This session is best for photographers who have a basic knowledge of photography and their equipment. This session concentrates on how to set up a shoot in studio and not for learning how to use your camera.
What to bring?
- Bring your camera along to take sample shots of our setups.
- Fresh batteries
- Freshly formatted cards
- Favorite lens
- Passion for photography
- Sense of adventure and curiosity ;)
Please note that in order to attend and use the off camera strobes, your DSLR camera must have a flash hot-shoe for the wireless transmitter. Please consult your manual to see if your camera qualifies before signing up. The studio uses an Elinchrome EL-Skyport wireless trigger system.
DSLR Sony Owners: please be advised if you shoot with a Sony DSLR. Sony uses a proprietary hot-shoe for the trigger system, which the studio does not have in stock. If you plan to use your Sony DSLR, please bring your hot-shoe adapter.
Maz Images Studio
27R Atlantic Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K 3E7
(in Liberty Village)
See a Google Maps detailed map (as the location of the studio is in the rear off of Atlantic Avenue) here: Studio Map (detailed)
Please note that payment must be received to confirm your attendance to the event via PayPal (credit cards accepted even if you don't have a PayPal account). When RSVPing, you will be automatically directed to the PayPal site and then back again to the Toronto Photography Workshops Meetup Group after payment has been processed. Please note that the PayPal site will indicate payment being made to "Maz Images Studio”
Information regarding the content of this event is subject to change with or without notice (i.e. the addition of new course material or topics and / or minor edits to text or formatting).
* This is like a database of information that you carry around in your head, so when you see certain traits (long or crooked nose, big hips, short legs, Lazy eye, etc.) you know what pose that would work well with it. Again this is a bit of a trial and error thing but well worth knowing as it shaves lots of time off your setup and tests and you will have better results for your clients.