addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Toronto Ruby Brigade Message Board › Return of the book club: SICP, next Wednesday, April 13?

Return of the book club: SICP, next Wednesday, April 13?

A former member
Post #: 19
It's good for me. I've been looking over this book and How to Design Programs, getting back into Racket (formerly PLT Scheme).

Also, if anyone needs a vim syntax file for Racket, I'm piecing one together:

https://github.com/wl...­
A former member
Post #: 4
Great, thanks! 6.30 Wednesday at Indusblue, and if we end up with more than six, Ben and James can pool their local knowledge and find us the best nearby bar or cafe. See people then!
James H.
james_herdman
Toronto, ON
Post #: 6
That's 135 Liberty St, Suite 200, for those not in the know.
A former member
Post #: 20
Further to our Clojure discussion, if you can tolerate Halloway's pronunciation of things (e.g. "Clo-djure") this is a very friendly overview of the language, without Rich's charming philosophical tangents:

http://vimeo.com/1089...­