addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Toronto Ruby Brigade Message Board › Ruby Backend Developer

Ruby Backend Developer

A former member
Post #: 1
We’re looking for a Rock Star Ruby Backend Developer for an exciting new start-up in the consumer tech space. The right candidate will get the chance to work with a funded start-up on very cool consumer technology and products. We’re in stealth mode now so we can’t tell you too much about the product until we meet in person – but we can tell you that the founders are seasoned entrepreneurs backed by one of Canada`s most exciting technology incubators.

This position involves driving development of our distributed server network that will be deployed across a number of clouds. The network will be provisioned, monitored and maintained using automated systems to ensure a flexible and scalable solution for our customers.

The ideal candidate should:
• Be a strong Ruby developer with experience both on Rails websites as well as backend scripting.
• Comfortable creating scripts to deploy, monitor and manage a network of servers.
• Have a deep understanding of cloud computing including hands on experience with at least one commercial cloud providers (AWS, Rackspace, etc).
• Ability to develop robust solutions using a test driven approach
• Experience scaling a solution both at the website and the database level.
• Proactively find ways of improving our services, systems and code
• History of releasing bug-free software to production
• Management of linux servers in a production environment
• Computer science degree

Desired Skills
• Have build Rails project that use a queue to do background processing
• Experience with Chef Puppet or a similar tool to deploy servers to the cloud in an automated way

Bonus Item
• Have created or contributed to an open-source ruby project or gem

SurfEasy is looking for experienced developers who can work in a fast paced environment and have strong analytical skills. Candidates must be self-starters who can learn new things quickly and drive a project to completion.

• My friends who code come to me when they need to solve a problem.
• I’m not happy unless I’m creating something new! I want to be in on the ground floor.
• I want to work with smart people and entrepreneurs who have built $100M+ dollar company’s
We offer the opportunity to get in early with an exciting, creative company. You’ll work in a fun, energetic environment and have the chance to collaborate alongside other creative and talented people. You’ll get a chance to learn, teach, lead and be part of a team working on new and innovative products. We offer a competitive package including options.

Sound like fun? Send your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re perfect for this job.