Toronto Ruby Brigade Message Board › Multiple Ruby Opportunities in Boston Area
Dear Software Gurus and Expert Rubyists, Fellow Engineers:
My client, due to growth, has multiple openings in the Worcester, MA area for
Ruby coders at varying levels: Lead or CTO, Senior Software Engineer, and Junior Software Engineer. The company is already a leading provider of statistical GIS/Map data with high commercial value. Not only is the opportunity potentially lucrative, but the "Big Data"/Cloud Technology involved is itself quite disruptive and exciting, presenting a highly desirable new challenge for someone looking to improve their skills.
Their number one need is a very strong hands-on coder with expertise in full stack Ruby development. Someone who is ambitious to be a CTO and manage a team of other gifted engineers as well as lead the vision for the company and its product from a technical stance would be highly desired. Less experienced people could also be 'groomed' into this role if appropriate.
This opportunity is quite unique in that the company itself is extremely growth-oriented, small, and already profitable. It is venture-backed (i.e. funded) by some of the most successful players in the GIS industry. This is a pre-IPO opportunity offering stock options, good compensation, full benefits, and relocation assistance. In my 24 years recruiting for the leading software and engineering companies in the World, I have rarely seen such a promising small company opportunity, which is sure to attract many excellent and motivated candidates.
Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer or
CTO (Chief Technical Officer) Ruby Engineer (Worcester, MA)
My client offers a tremendous growth opportunity for a highly skilled, experienced Ruby on Rails software engineer/coder to be rapidly groomed and promoted to a CTO role or someone who can fill a CTO role immediately. They are a highly successful VC-funded startup in the Worcester, Massachusetts area which has achieved world-dominance in their industry and has successfully doubled market-share every year for the past three years.
They have retained me to recruit an aspiring CTO to build their engineering team, and to lead the technology development of their small company poised for "rocket-ride" growth, accessible to candidates in the Boston, MA /Metrowest area as well as Providence, RI.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Leading the technical development of web applications serving up map-based, data heavy information products
• Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools, lifestyles, neighborhoods and more
• Working in an Agile, TDD environment writing code you can be proud of
• Keeping existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, and standards
• Helping build a nimble engineering team with potential path to CTO
• Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive products
What’s In it For You?
• Major opportunity to build your own team with potential path to CTO position
• Casual fun working environment, solving some of the most exhilarating Big Data problems in the industry, alongside a team that’s as passionate as you are about this stuff!
• Competitive salary, stock options for you to participate in company success, and great benefits (401(k), 100% medical coverage, 11 paid holidays)
• Great work/life balance, with 40-45 hour work weeks the norm!
• Long-term stability with a venture backed start up that is already profitable and growing
• Investors include the Founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
Desired Skills & Experience:
• A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar; MS preferred
• 5+ years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy e-commerce systems
• Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
• To be passionate about your craft
• Extensive RoR app dev experience with merchant processing capabilities
• An ideal candidate would also possess:
o Experience with all aspects/tiers of web and mobile web app development
o Strong Unix skills including API/data mining experience
o Scaling and performance tuning of high-traffic, data-heavy sites
NOTE: Less experienced candidates with Ruby skills are still being actively sought, so don't hesitate to send a confidential resume!
Company Description: Small, high-end geospatial analysis Company born of university research, specializing in location-based decision-making tools:analytics, information and data.They license geospatial risk analytics and SaaS products for a host of business to business applications, and run the largest neighborhood search engine in the world, and “the most trusted source for choosing a neighborhood,” according to Money® Magazine.
IF you are interested in any of these outstanding opportunities, please submit a resume with cover letter. Referrals and recommendations are always welcomed, as well. If you are someone potentially interested in seeking a new career opportunity, but do not have skills in Ruby, please feel free to submit a confidential resume.
Wingate Dunross Associates, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211