addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Toronto Ruby Brigade Message Board › Future Meetup Topic Idea?

Future Meetup Topic Idea? - RMagic/ImageMagick, Ruby and other options for image processing (no MacPorts)

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey everyone! Dan (aka: iDVB) here. I just joined this meetup and I'm an uber-newb to ruby but not to OOP.

I've run in to a ton of issues setting up RMagick on OSX 10.6 and still having them. Their setup docs suck and it seems google is full of many different approaches the the same problem. I figured that I'm not the only one that has, or will have to, braved these waters. Anyone else interested in this topic?

Also, any guru that wants to tackle my issue, please do:­

Have fun tonight at the meetup everyone. I'll catch you at the next one.

A former member
Post #: 2

So thanks to Peter I managed to get this up and running in no time flat.
I just had to switch to mini_magick instead of rmagick.

It works like a dream now. Thanks Peter!