Small Dogs Austin Message Board › Austin Closing Norwood Park!

Austin Closing Norwood Park!

A former member
Post #: 1
The city wants to close Norwood! I just want to make sure everyone reads this article:

http://www.statesman....­

I'm going to find out when the city is holding meetings about this so I can go and beg them not to do it.
Marilyn N.
marilyn52
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Okay, I read the article and have a few bones to pick with the author and the city planning commission (or whoever is behind this plot). First off, Norwood Dog Park is not unattractive - it is well landscaped, with great trees for nice shade, and various comfortable areas for both dogs and humans to enjoy their time in the park. Secondly, why would anyone want or feel the need to close such a great area for dogs in favor of a dilapidated old, ugly shack?? To me it sounds like a great way for the elitests of Austin to spend money we cannot afford and do not have. And if they could find the money to restore the house-from private sources one would hope-why would anyone say that house cannot be near a nice dog park?
A former member
Post #: 2
Norwood Park meetings

The Parks and Recreation Department will hold meetings to gather public input for a long-term plan for the park from

6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Zilker Clubhouse, 200 Zilker Clubhouse Road, and 6 to 8 p.m. May 17 at the Emma Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center, 600 River St. There will be two more meetings in July and August.