High Performance Driving Club of Florida - TrackWeekend.com Message Board Track Videos › Do Women Make Better Drivers than Men (on the track)?

Do Women Make Better Drivers than Men (on the track)?

Carlos A. E.
USMCspeedy
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 192
In an effort to get our TW lady members to come out to the track, I thought I'd share a couple of videos showing the "Queen of the ring". Yes, women can be faster than men. On the track it has nothing to do with strength, but rather finesse. Besides, most of us guys are overweight and much heavier than women - a clear advantage to the ladies smile

We're working on getting some free track events to ladies wanting to try this sport for the first time. Stay tuned. Guys, please help us encourage our ladies to come out and participate! This sport is for everyone.

And another one...

A former member
Post #: 1
I'd like to be the "Queen of Homestead" devilish
Jim B.
user 10812463
Naples, FL
Post #: 49
I'd like to be the "Queen of Homestead" devilish

I'll second that nomination, and I have yet to see you drive.

Sincerely,

The Court Jester
Juan G.
Juan
Miami, FL
Post #: 74
So Jessica, when are we going to see you at the track?
Joseph A.
SpeedRacer350
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 31
The sport needs more women!
A former member
Do women make better drivers than men on the track? ...Wow, that's a loaded question.

I think men might actually make better track day drivers. Track day people drive on the track as a hobby. It's more of that "macho" thing to dig fast cars, so, naturally, more men grow that intense passion for motorsports. Most women find other outlets, other than motorsports, to entertain themselves. (Fill in your stereotypes.)

But... I believe women do make better race drivers. Women that have motorsports as a hobby will more than likely drift to the competition side of things, rather than the track day side of things. Our overwhelming natural competitiveness drives us in all sports, so put a cage around us, and Watch Out! That whole gentlemanly track day etiquette fits the hobbyist's personality. Racers are allowed to be extremely aggressive and downright impolite to each other (on the track, that is). What chick wouldn't relish that type of opportunity?!

I agree with Joseph...this sport does need more women, so a free track day for first-timer ladies is a great idea to introduce them to the sport. I once did a women-only motorcycle track day in north Florida. Sure, there wasn't a whole lot of entries, and most were first-timers, but I guarantee you every single girl who attended has been back to a track.
Joseph A.
SpeedRacer350
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 33
Are you single? wink
Donna H.
user 12081114
Miami, FL
If they have a free track day for ladies I would definitely attend!
Linda
user 13409309
Port Saint Lucie, FL
I need a job like this! biggrin

I think most women may think women might feel track days are boyz club events. To the contrary girls, you can take your daily driver, clean out all of the compartments and have a safe, fun day driving your car faster than you can legally do it on the street. I started one year ago and it is really a blast. If you are a little out going, it is easy to make friends. Just ask someone about their car (guy or gal).

Since you don't have anything to prove (after all, you are just a girl) you can get away with things that the guys can't....come down and if you see a woman driver, come over to say hello and make a new friend.

See you out there (Sebring, Homestead, PBIR)
Heather L.
HeatherLind
Miami, FL
I would be interested in a first timer/beginner track event in Homestead.smile