The primary role of this group is to provide meditation training, support, and community. Anyone is welcome. You do not need to identify as "Buddhist" to attend, this is for everyone interested in working with their own mind through developing tranquility and insight. We are not associated with any outside organization or community. Our main website is http://www.BeneathTheRoseAppleTree.com .
We meet at Mayu Sanctuary on S. Pearl St., just blocks away from Park Burger, Sushi Den, and Stella's Coffee. The Louisiana light rail station is a ten minute walk away.
Joining the community comes with a 14 day trial period, after that time, members are asked to contribute $25/month. We meet on Thursday and Sunday evenings and periodically on Sunday mornings (see calendar). Please read the following orientation details:
- Everyone who attends must join the meetup page and RSVP before arriving.
- We lock the doors at start time, please arrive a few minutes early to get settled.
- Please do not come under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or smelling of smoke or perfume.
- Sean is available for questions after each class.
- It is important to check the calendar before showing up so you know what is happening on a particular evening.
- There is a limited number of cushions available at Mayu, chairs are also provided. You are welcome to bring your own cushion.
Much more info is available at http://www.BeneathTheRoseAppleTree.com