July 13, 2013 · 10:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
I'm learning dog training and would love to practice. It seems that there will be fewer distractions for your dog if we do this in my back yard. You'll need to bring some equipment and I have a few "rules" Here's what to bring:
1) Bring your dog with a collar and on a leash (not one of those retractable ones since others may trip over it)
2) Bring some great treats (things that your dog will love and a variety is good. Even if they love their kibble when outside or around other dogs they'll need something of higher quality to them)
3) Bring your patience (with me) I've never trained outside before and it's much harder than the training room
1) It's better if you can exercise your dog before coming to "class" so they're a little tired
2) Don't give them their whole breakfast - because you don't want them so full so they won't take treats
We'll be starting something similar to the "Basic Manners" class at the MSPCA (where I assist training) so we'll work on a few easy things (attention, sit, down, hand target, recall) and move on from there (go to the mat, gracious greetings, leave it). If some dogs are more advanced I can move them to a different area so they can work on more difficult things.
I'll be posting a few dates so choose the one(s) that works best for you.