addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bayou City Life & The Pursuit of Good Times Message Board › Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

A former member
Post #: 1,368
Wow! If Tillman can't even get it done before that, where does that leave a regular mom and pop restaurant?

Classic Cafe in Seabrook is back open.

Armando's in Seabrook looks closed, but I think happened before Ike due to lack of business. Why they would open an expensive Mexican restaurant in that spot (after at least 2 other restaurants have failed there) is beyond me.
A former member
Post #: 1,375
Bojangles in Seabrook has reopened.
A former member
Post #: 1,380
Reopened in Kemah:

Molly's Pub
Ichibon
some of Kemah Boardwalk

Rumor has it that T-Bone Tom's will reopen by Halloween.
A former member
Post #: 1,391
The following Kemah Boardwalk restaurants have reopened:

Saltgrass Steakhouse
Babin's Seafood
A former member
Post #: 1,410
Gilhooley's in San Leon has reopened, and they are still serving oysters!
A former member
Post #: 1,413
Lance's Turtle Club in Seabrook is having a grand reopening with guest DJs from 94.5 The Buzz. I think it's tonight 10/29/08.
A former member
Post #: 1,441
Ike Status Report:

Our walking meetup walked around Kemah last Thursday night. Most of it seems open, although certain spots have a lot of damage. Most of the boardwalk restaurants look open.

In the non-Boardwalk part of Kemah (like around Toucan Alley), most places also look open, such as Monkey Bar, etc.. Zone 504 is closed and looks badly damaged. T-Bone Tom's is still not open but they look like they are working on it.

On FM 2094 towards Clear Lake Shores, Hoagie Ranch says they will reopen. Skippers and South Shore Beer Garden are still closed.

New Wine Bars:

Our area is suddenly exploding with wine bars! First there was Cork Wine Bar in Webster, then Chelsea Wine Bar in Seabrook, near Boondoggles.

Now there is La Dolce Vino wine bar on FM 2094 in Clear Lake Shores. They seem to be packed every time I drive by.

I noticed that a new wine bar is being built on Highway 3 in Clear Lake, in a strip center. This is in the area near Pineloch that has a lot of Asian groceries. The sign says: "Coming Soon: Alegria Wine Bar".

Coming Soon:

On Bay Area Blvd, in the space where Mumbles (Jumbles?) used to be:
Genghis Mongolian Barbecue

Hits and Misses:

smokingcotton and I (and our friends and family) went to La Tapa Tapa for our birthdays the weekend before last. This is the new Spanish restaurant and tapas bar on 2094 in Clear Lake Shores. We got there around 9:40PM on a Saturday night and the place was practically empty. The service was excellent and so was the food! However, it was not cheap! Those little tapas dishes add up. Desserts were $7, glass of sangria was only $6 but mixed drinks were $10. Definitely a "special occasion" type of place.

smokingcotton tells me he tried the new Moo-Yahs Burgers on Bay Area Blvd - apparently he wasn't thrilled with it. Hopefully he'll post more about that.

My new favorite pizza place:

I've been having many friends volunteering and helping out with debris removal and post-Ike cleanup at my place, and that calls for a lot of pizza. At a neighbor's recommendation, we ordered from Village Pizza and Seafood. They have several locations around the area, but we ordered from the Seabrook location. I was impressed with the deliciousness of the pizza! It had a lot of flavor. We have ordered from here 3 times now and are consistently pleased with the quality ingredients.
A former member
Post #: 354
Moo-Yahs was very slow for one thing. Burger was nothiing special, not really all that tasty compared to Carlos Beer Garden (that I will post a get together at) or Outpost Tavern's

Pizza - I liked Mario's near you Amanda (I know presently not open) used to get lots of $5 pizzas for pool parties when was near Pizza King (call after 5 Mondays get price for time called, one topping)
Angelo's is good, Capone's will reopen soon.
Big Humphrey's Pizza in Pearland needs to be visited, went when was a kid. Will see about posting it some evening as well.

You see Claudio's has a different name Amanda?
A former member
Post #: 1,453

You see Claudio's has a different name Amanda?

No, I didn't notice that.

Mario's in Seabrook is reopening eventually. I see that they are doing renovations on it.
A former member
Post #: 1,498
Enzo's Italian restaurant and pizza place on NASA Rd 1 near I-45 is now called Tilli's. It is still Italian.

Green Tomatoes Mexican restaurant on NASA Rd 1 near El Camino has closed. Restaurants don't seem to do too well in that location: that is at least the second one there that didn't make it.