Bayou City Life & The Pursuit of Good Times Message Board › Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

A former member
Post #: 1,510
Yay! Signature Bistro in Seabrook has reopened!
A former member
Post #: 1,530
Hoagie Ranch in Kemah/Clear Lake Shores has reopened.
A former member
Post #: 1,562
Bojangles in Seabrook appears to be closed...or maybe renovating?
A former member
Post #: 1,583
There is a new Asian restaurant coming to Kemah: it's called Kemah Cafe and will be on 146 near Big Bowl Asian Buffet.

Post-Ike update:

Merlion Thai Restaurant in Seabrook will reopen, but in the former location of Aurora Lounge and Grill. Rumor has it that Aurora will reopen in Kemah, possibly under another name.

Dairy Queen in Seabrook has reopened.

A former member
Post #: 1,632
Yet another wine bar has come to our area:
Three Oaks Wine Bar in historic League City, on Main St. (FM 518).

Genghis Mongolian Barbecue on Bay Area Blvd. is now open.

Post-Ike update:

Skippers in Clear Lake Shores has reopened.

Pier 8 Seafood restaurant and market in Seabrook has reopened.

Some of the seafood markets in Seabrook have reopened.
Pappadeaux will not reopen.
A former member
Post #: 1,645
I've been very curious about this place since I first drove by last fall:

Hugh & Jeff's Car Wash & Grill (and Bar) in Dickinson:
http://www.hughandjef...­
A former member
Post #: 1,682
Zone 504 in the Kemah lighthouse district is still trashed, but supposedly they are planning on repairing it. Almost everything else seems to be back open. Palapas and Monkey Bar are open.

Claudio's is open under a new name and new ownership: I think it's called Amado or Amato or something? It's still an Italian restaurant.

There seem to be some new bars and restaurants in Kemah (lighthouse district): a burger place, and a bar/restaurant called Bakkus (?) that has steak night on Monday nights.
A former member
Post #: 364
Golly Amanda info queen!

should try to do Pier 8 Seafood again when weather warms up and make it early downstairs

I think the car wash bar and grill is in order for us (not been in there yet, don't think about but the car is dirty sooooo....)

still think should try a "theme night" (Elvis? showgirls?) at Vegas Grill

glad Signature Bistro got back open ( the owner is very nice, remember he stashed my unlocked bike I left there for me? Ike wasn't so nice to it)
this is a special place, but also laid back, we should plan an evening there!

Aurora is cool, wish them luck on opening, keep it in mind

have not been to Dairy Queen in a while, but always kinda liked that one when coupons came in the mail, think the fire pit did it

burger place in Kemah was good before Ike, Brandi and I wandered in one day

anyone say "wine bar tour" ? I think so!

A former member
Post #: 1,686
Mark and I went to the Burger House in Kemah on Saturday. It was good but not great. Service was a little disorganized. Their soda fountain machine was broken, and they charged us $2.45 for cans of Coke! The burgers were good, and they had waffle fries - yum! I might try it again sometime, but I'm in no hurry.

Really curious about Bakkhus in Kemah: they have a lot of specials, like Steak Night on Mondays, Seafood night on Wednesdays, and Pasta night on Thursdays. Plus they have Greek food: yum!

Oh...Did Clifton by the Sea change their name to Clifton's Seaside Diner, or is it a new place? Looks like they have a lot of specials too, like oysters & snow crab on Tuesdays & Thursdays, Prime Rib on Wednesdays, All-you-can-eat catfish on Fridays. Might be fun to head over there!

That Alegria Wine Bar on Highway 3 in Clear Lake is open now!
A former member
Post #: 1,687
There is a new Asian restaurant coming to Kemah: it's called Kemah Cafe and will be on 146 near Big Bowl Asian Buffet.

It's open. Haven't tried it yet though!