Triangle Drupal Users' Group Message Board › Need help migrating a site from 5.x to 6.x

Need help migrating a site from 5.x to 6.x

A former member
Post #: 1
Guys, gals,
I am needing some help from a Drupal developer with more experience than me. We have a client that is wanting to move their site from a hosting service to our servers. The main problem I am up against is that the hosting server is Drupal 5.19 and we are building on 6.14 (soon migrating to 6.19). The other slightly smaller problem is that the hosting server architecture (folder structure, etc.) is slightly different than the standard Drupal 5.x install.

Though fairly knowledgeable about 6.x, I am not familiar with 5.x and certainly have never migrated a site from 5.x to 6.x. What I am looking for is someone who has done this before and as such could guide me through some of the issues that I am up against, namely, a different folder structure, 5.x modules which may or may not be available in 6.x (or function somewhat differently). The site is not really all that complex. (I have a 5.1 server instance installed and am working now to get this site to function on this server.)

Any help, guidance, or other resources would be greatly appreciated. If $ need be involved I think that can be arranged.

Thanks