Triangle Drupal Users' Group Message Board › Conditional Profile fields, email contact lists, etc.

Conditional Profile fields, email contact lists, etc.

Allen F.
user 3485804
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 4
Hey all,

I'm in the process of putting together a new community site that's got some convoluted requirements for user contact information so I'm looking for information on best practices for setting up conditional profile fields. For example, if a user self-identifies interest in a given area by selecting a check box on the user profile field how do I (sanely) cause a bunch of related fields to appear in the form? Is there a standard approach to this or should I just punt with javascript and styling?

Also, if anyone in the group has experience setting up and maintaining user email lists/groups in Drupal I'd love to hear how you did it.

TIA

-Allen Freeman
Sheena
user 3009957
Canton, NC
Post #: 6
Hi Allan,

If you're not using the profile as part of registration, you could potentially use the Node Profile module, which lets you use CCK to build a custom profile. You might still need to do some javascript stuff to get the conditional stuff to work, unless there is a CCK plugin module for that sort of thing.

http://drupal.org/pro...­

I haven't done this sort of thing before, but just a suggestion.

I'm experimenting right now with using Organic Group and the Notifications module to create user email lists/blasts. I'll let you know how it goes.