Triangle Drupal Users' Group Message Board › Home page teaser question

Home page teaser question

A former member
Post #: 3
I'm trying to figure out how to control what appears on the home page tease from my blog (www.takeitoutsidenc.com). Now, it's just taking what's at the top of the blog and plugging it onto the front page. Main problem there is that the tease includes the photo at the size it is on the actual blog post. In some cases, about all there's room for is the photo.

I've used this software to blog in a past life and know there's a way to create a home page tease with a photo that's a set size. (You can also do different text than what's at the top of the post.) Anyone know how I might do that?

Thanks,
Joe
A former member
Hey Joe,

Did you ever figure out how to do this?

Thanks,
Dennis.
Alex
user 2759931
Raleigh, NC
I'm trying to figure out how to control what appears on the home page tease from my blog (www.takeitoutsidenc.com). Now, it's just taking what's at the top of the blog and plugging it onto the front page. Main problem there is that the tease includes the photo at the size it is on the actual blog post. In some cases, about all there's room for is the photo.

I've used this software to blog in a past life and know there's a way to create a home page tease with a photo that's a set size. (You can also do different text than what's at the top of the post.) Anyone know how I might do that?

Thanks,
Joe

Hey Joe,

I would suggest the following:

• Install and Activate the ImageCache module and Install and Activate ImageField for CCK.
  • Create a New ImageCache Preset that resizes your images to your desired dimensions (perhaps you want the images in the teasers to scale to 250px X 100px and then CROP to a certain size.
  • In your Content Type > Blog > Properties for the FileField, set the fields so that when you are in teaser mode you use your newly created ImageCache Preset.
  • That is it. Now when you create a new blog post and you promote it to the front page, you will have the image that you uploaded using FileField(in each post) in the size that you determined.

Hope that helps.

Alex_

A former member
Post #: 2
Joe,

For teasers the contemplate module - http://drupal.org/pro...­ - offers considerable control. Have you tried it?