addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Nut "cheese" from Browns Summit

Nut "cheese" from Browns Summit

Aden
user 11330010
High Point, NC
Post #: 3
Anyone ever buy the local vegan nut "cheese" from Deep Roots or maybe a Triad farmers market in the past? I bought them a couple of times in 2009/2010. I got the macadamia ricotta, cashew yellow cheese and I think the Nutella-like chocolate spread.

I remember that there was a Brown Summit address on the package. It was in the fridge at Deep Roots in small, clear and round containers. I asked the market staff in passing who the producers were but I never got a clear answer. I'll ask again.

I just made my own nut cheese for the first time this month. I am pleased with the result and look forward to trying more recipes.
Sena
user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 11
Hello,
I've bought a vegan nut cheese spread at the farmers' market on Yanceyville this past year. The young man selling it had a variety of nut cheeses. I got the macadamia ricotta, too, and it was delicious. I just tried Googling those items, but I don't see anything online. It's tempting to stop by the farmers' market this morning to see if he's there.
Sena
Aden
user 11330010
High Point, NC
Post #: 4
Thanks! I am going to stop by the market on Yanceyville and check it out then!
Aden
user 11330010
High Point, NC
Post #: 5
Haven't gone to the curb market yet but I think I found it: Totally Nuts made in Mayodan. Saw something about a habanero cashew spread in O. Henry.

http://issuu.com/ohen...­
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 213
So good! We love getting the nut cheeses at the farmer's market. I believe you are right, and they are called Totally Nuts.