add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Veganic Gardening

Veganic Gardening

user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 23
Do any of you have any experience or knowledge in veganic gardening? I'd like to get a raised garden going soon, but typical organic gardening involves animal products (e.g., bone meal, blood). I've been doing some reading into veganic gardening, which is organic but does not involve animal products. I don't have the greenest thumb, so I am wondering if someone out there can provide any tips.

user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 24
Well, I'm replying to myself because I found a veganic farm in Hillsborough. http://localfood.caro...­ I'm going to take a road trip to learn how they do it. Anyone want to take a road trip?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Sena! I know it has been a while since you posted, but I've started container gardening this year. We've already enjoyed lettuce and herbs : )
At Lowe's I managed to find some organic soils that are free of chemicals (and actually cheaper than the ones with chemical fertilizers). They also have organic mushroom compost, which was a pleasant surprise.
Let me know if you have any other advice.