The Triangle All That Jazz Meetup Group Message Board › Test Drive Smooth Jazz

Test Drive Smooth Jazz

Donald
djsmoothjazz
Holly Springs, NC
Post #: 19
I have set up a Podcast of my live radio show at WCOM, Chapel Hill, Carrrboro, for members that have told me of schedule issues preventing them from listening... I have broken the 2 hour show into 6-20min segments so you can listen at your leisure, If you don't know about Smooth Jazz or are still stuck in the glory days of straight ahead Jazz, time to move into the future of Jazz, Miles, Sonny, and a few others recognized the future of Jazz... check out my show, and provide feedback.. and if you want the full un-cut show on .mp3 download... drop me a line and I will send you a link. ... www.djsmoothjazz.com/members­ Donald

Tommy
user 10232408
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 25
Hi Donald,
While I enjoy smooth jazz, my main interest is 1930s-1940s style swing, so I'm actually looking for more old-school stuff. Any leads on where we might go to hear some live?
I'll check out your podcasts meanwhiles.
Thanks,
Tommy
Donald
djsmoothjazz
Holly Springs, NC
Post #: 20
there are no true swing bands in the area.... Holly Springs has an orchestra that does swing... you can go to the holly springs cultural center site for info on them. i think they are called hwy55 orchestra...

Sundays from 9-midnight streamed at www.wcomfm.org you can listen live to Larry Thomas doing a show called Sunday Night Jazz... he is an old school jazz personality and he does a lot of 30's 40's Jazz...