Jun 24, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Speaker: Chris Tryon -- Co-Owner of Hook Line & Paddle, Wilmington
Bio from Chris: "Our Shop is the premier location on the coast for Fishing Kayaks and Kayak Fishing Accessories. I have been a Professionally Endorsed Guide for Native Watercraft since 2004. Other Endorsements are from Accent Paddles and a Paddle Sports Ambassador or NRS. I have been fly fishing for over twenty years. My first experiences with fly fishing was growing up in New England for Trout. Once I moved to the Carolina Coast I quickly made the switch to salt water fly fishing. My passion is fly fishing from kayaks -- there is no other way in my opinion to get that close to fish with a fly rod. My one rule I live by is a safe day on the water leads to more days on the water."
- Over View of kayak safety.
- Wind and tide for members that may want to come to the coast and fish.
- Talk about the proper fly rods and reels for fishing in salt water.
- Flies to use on the coast and which flies to target Red Fish Flounder, Trout, Blue Fish and Spanish.
- Kayaks that are designed to fly fish out of and how they work
- Casting while standing in a kayak.
- On water Demonstration
- Allow members to demo the kayaks to see how they feel in the water.
Monthly meetings feature informative and entertaining speakers, covering a variety of topics. See the Discussion Board for info about upcoming speakers. We also discuss club business and upcoming events, and usually have a raffle for some nifty prizes.