TrianglePHP Message Board › Back-End Web Developer Position (PHP/MySQL)
|A former member||
Back-End Web Developer (PHP/MySQL)
Our new Back-End Developer will be an integral part in building our web application: writing PHP code in a variety of layers, building queries in SQL, constructing APIs, and implementing web services. You will be designing, refactoring, debugging, building, and improving the existing functionality of our code base, as well as build others from scratch. Your aim will be to work with other team members to use best practices while making good trade-offs to deliver features that meet or exceed requirements.
We would love to see that you can...
• Write code using design patterns and other Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principles, all with scalability and availability in mind.
• Contribute to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture by working with the development, database, architecture, and operations teams.
• Develop in a LAMP stack using Open Source Software and other tools like APC, memcached, Gearman, Selenium, Subversion, Jira, Bamboo, Crucible, and others.
• Mentor software developers in the specification, design and development of applications for a highly available web application.
• Collaborate with other teams like Product Managers, Architects, UX, QA and a cavalcade of others.
• Drive yourself to learn, to improve yourself, your team, and your organization, and to do things the right way.
• Proudly display your B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field around your desk (of course equivalent experience can also be displayed).
• Work in the US without sponsorship.
• Laugh with your team.
Founded in 2003, iContact is a venture-backed 200+ person company based in Durham, NC, that provides on-demand software that simplifies email marketing. The iContact product is the leading email-marketing platform used by over 50,000 companies worldwide ranging from small businesses to blue chip clients. iContact was named one of the Best Places to Work in the Triangle by the Triangle Business Journal in 2007, 2008, and 2009. This position will be based in the Durham/Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
For More Information
If you are interested and/or would like more information, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.