TrianglePHP Message Board › New Permanent job opportunity in Raleigh, NC!
Please call me or email me if you are interested
Are you looking for something different starting in 2010? Is this going to be the year of change for you? If you are looking to work with a company that VALUE’S its employee’s, CHALLENGES you every day and allows you to work on COOL STUFF APPLY HERE!
Our clients are PASSIONATE about open source software, like Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP), and agile software development methods, like Scrum, user stories, short release cycles, test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration and want you to be too!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Plan and execute improvements to our web applications software architecture, especially the system we use for billing our clients
• Define, design, and guide the engineering of new and existing features
• Work closely with your teammates to solve challenging problems
• Mentor less experienced software engineers
• Work with experts from other disciplines produce the best possible product
WHAT WE’D LIKE FOR YOU TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
• 5+ years experience in an application programming role
• Ability and desire to work well in a team environment
• Creativity, motivation, and passion for building up those around you
• A forward-thinking, highly motivated, and ambitious personality
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field
• Strong experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
• Strong experience with web application programming, especially LAMP stack
• Strong experience with SQL, query optimization
• Experience in Agile (Scrum + XP) environments; serving as a catalyst and leader within self-directed teams
• Experience with automated testing and continuous integration environments including TDD / unit tests, Selenium, and other open source tooling
• Experience with billing systems (e.g. jBilling)