Triangle Red Sox Nation Message Board › Do You REALLY Bleed Red Sox Red?

Do You REALLY Bleed Red Sox Red?

Seanster
Seanster
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 2,233
Many folks in the Northeast are struggling in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Some of the images of what is happening in our own country are hard to imagine, and life in some places along the Eastern Seaboard won’t return to normal for weeks or months.

We have a way for you to help. Over 300 Blood Drives across the country had to be cancelled due to the storm, so the National Blood Levels at the American Red Cross have fallen to dangerously low levels as a result. Given our group’s good reputation for getting plenty of pints of usable blood, our local rep from the American Red Cross came my way and asked my help after a local church just cancelled on them. I turned around and asked for help from my friends, and I got it, so here’s where passionate sports fans like you can now lend a hand:

This Veterans’ Day, please join your friends from both the Triangle Red Sox Nation and our sister group, Tri-Pats, as we join forces to both honor our Veterans and help those in need in the Northeastern United States. We’ll be co-hosting a Blood Drive on Sunday November 11th, 2012 at Backyard Bistro from noon until 4:30pm. That afternoon you can also help Bryan and I to keep a close eye on the 1pm game between the Buffalo Bills and your New England Patriots alongside Christina and AnnMarie and a bunch of the Pats fans they'll be hosting. You'll soon see messages from Christina and Tri-Pats as we try to cross-promote this idea... We don't think that game will be nationally televised, so come on out!

Additionally, Chef Joe Lumbrazo and the staff at the Bistro will have some goodies on hand to make sure that donors' sugar levels don’t drop too low. smile

I've torn a bunch of ligaments in my knee so I'm even slower than usual right now. As such, my TRSN tag team partner will be running the show this time. Please email Bryan Richardson at soxfanbry@yahoo.com or call him directly at 919.961.3805 to secure your preferred time slot.

Do you REALLY Bleed Red Sox red? If so, come out and prove it this Veterans Day. Few things could be more Patriotic than watching the game with TRSN and the Tri-Pats and helping the folks in the Northeast!

Thanks, everyone! We’ll see you there!