align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Raleigh-Durham Triangle Tarot and Friends Message Board › Decks, Decks, Decks!

Decks, Decks, Decks!

A former member
Post #: 91
That sounds great! It's always fun to hear about other people's decks.
smile
A former member
Post #: 93
Hello everybody,

Again I couldn't resist and have bought a new deck, the Mystic Faerie Tarot.
I really like the art work and it's a very playful deck. It's also great for beginners as the books explains it all very basic and for the minor card 1 to 10 they tell for each suit a story. So it's a continuous story from one to ten, which is a nice way to memorize the meaning of the cards.
It's fun and if you love faeries, you will certainly like this deck.

Marieke
Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 366
Hello everybody,

Again I couldn't resist and have bought a new deck, the Mystic Faerie Tarot.
I really like the art work and it's a very playful deck. It's also great for beginners as the books explains it all very basic and for the minor card 1 to 10 they tell for each suit a story. So it's a continuous story from one to ten, which is a nice way to memorize the meaning of the cards.
It's fun and if you love faeries, you will certainly like this deck.

Marieke

Hi, Marieke!
I was so excited to hear about your new deck, I did a search to learn more about it. And lo and behold! Our very own esteemed member Bonnie Cehovet has written a very juicy review of the deck's accompanying book, which you can read here. To see some of the cards' images, y'all can go here.

Thanks for sharing this! Except now I have yet another deck to put on my ever-expanding shopping list! smile
- Beth
A former member
Post #: 46
Bonnie is a member of this group! I better visit more often! I read her reviews all the time. They are great. Well...I'll be....

- Majka
A former member
Post #: 151
Majka & Beth:

Here I am, coming out of lurking (with a gentle nudge from Beth!). I read through this thread, and there are some marvelous decks mentioned here. I think the "Da Vinci Tarot", the "Shining Tribe Tarot", the "Shapeshifter Tarot" and the "Mystic Faerie Tarot" are amongst my all time favorites. Others would include the "Gaian Tarot" and "Tarot of Dreams".

At the head of my list to purchase right now are the Silver Edition of the "Baroque Gothic Tarot" and the "Steele Wizard Tarot". I am also waiting for the non-Tarot divination cards called the "See of Logos" (a project involving Rachel Pollack, Karen Mahony and Alex Ukolov) to come out.

Promising to join the discussion more often! biggrin

Blessings,
Bonnie

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 368
Majka & Beth:

Here I am, coming out of lurking (with a gentle nudge from Beth!). I read through this thread, and there are some marvelous decks mentioned here. I think the "Da Vinci Tarot", the "Shining Tribe Tarot", the "Shapeshifter Tarot" and the "Mystic Faerie Tarot" are amongst my all time favorites. Others would include the "Gaian Tarot" and "Tarot of Dreams".

Oh, I just cannot WAIT for the rest of the Gaian to come out. It is so glorious!!! It speaks so clearly, it is my favorite to use as an adjunct in readings. I give it to my querent, letting them look through it and choose the cards that most resonate with them about their current circumstances, or what kind of outcome they desire. Then I use my other full deck(s) in the usual random way, pulling those cards without looking, and laying them out in a spread that is appropriate to the given situation.

At the head of my list to purchase right now are the Silver Edition of the "Baroque Gothic Tarot" and the "Steele Wizard Tarot". I am also waiting for the non-Tarot divination cards called the "See of Logos" (a project involving Rachel Pollack, Karen Mahony and Alex Ukolov) to come out.

Oooooo!!! Please, please tell us more about these, particularly the latter! They sound fabulous!!!

Promising to join the discussion more often! biggrin

Blessings,
Bonnie

I truly hope so, Bonnie! What fun to see you popping in!! It has be far too quiet around here, for my taste! So feel free!
-- Beth
A former member
Post #: 153
Beth:

I adore the "Gaian Tarot"! The scenes are from my own Pacific Northwest, and are just incredible! I know there will be a minor riot to get to the front of the line when the Minor Arcana come out!

I really like the idea of giving the Seeker a seperate deck to CHOOSE the cards from that they feel resonate with their issues, and then doing a "regular" reading with another deck. I am going to have to try this! I would love to see you write an article on this, and submit it to the ATA (for the monthly or quarterly newsletter) or to Aeclectic Tarot. This could bring freshness to a lot of readings!

The "Steele Wizard Tarot" is by Pamela Steele. The site for this deck is: http://www.steelewiza...­

The "Bohemian Gothic Tarot" (note the name correction - I got it wrong the first time!) can be seen here: http://www.magic-real...­. I believe therewill be a regular edition and a Silver Edition. Karen is working on the companion book right now.

The "See of Logos" divination cards can be seen here also: http://www.magic-real...­

Blessings,
Bonnie

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 369
Wow! The Steele Wizard deck looks very, very very interesting! Extra Majors and an additional Court card for each suit.. Including such tidbits as Truth! Soul Twins! and more.. whoa...

I would hope there is a really juicy book with these?

- Beth
A former member
Post #: 154
Beth:

I don't know if the "Steele Wizard Tarot" has a book with it or not. I did e-mail the author, so we will all know soon! Because it is so different from a traditional deck, I would think that it does. On her site she is listed as artist/author, so there have to be some words in there somewhere! biggrin

Blessings,
Bonnie

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 370
Yikes!!! I just read the fine print on the Sea of Logos oracle! Recommended Retail Price $95!?!?!?

Rachel Pollack is a Goddess, of course, but... woo-wee! That's steep!

- Beth