Triangle Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup Message Board › Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup of Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill Discussion Forum › State of the Meetup Address
Hello, Veg meetup, people!
It's been a while sent I've sent out one of my long and winding meetup emails, so here it is. As the year draws to a close, i want to thank you all for another terrific year of meetups! We've had dinners, seen music and movies, hiked, tubed, camped, potlucked and more! In October this meetup hit it's 10th year running! And we are at over 450 members! Pretty exciting I think!
Thank you to all of our assistant organizers for setting up lots of fun events! One person (ie, me) couldn't possibly set up enough events to satisfy this group! And that's great! I love how active we are! If you haven't been out to an event, or at least not lately, check out our calendar. We still have spots for tomorrow's Mix and Mingle event as well as NYE Game Night. If you haven't seen an event on the calendar to match your interests or schedule, please message me and let's set something up.
My apologies to everyone I have not given a timely email reply to this year. I've had several challenges this year - including the lengthy process of applying and registering for grad school. Come 2015 this area will have another veg friendly primary care provider!
Some of you have messaged me about paying dues and I thank you! Our dues are $3 a year or $1 of a month you attend an event. It's not mandatory as enough people have been contributing to help me pay the meetup fee that making it mandatory hasn't been required. You can catch me at an event to pay, some of the asst organizers will pass it on to me (but not all are willing as they don't see me often) and I've recently set up our meetup to accept Paypal payments. This isn't ideal as Paypal takes 40 cents, but I know it's easier for many of us. Once you pay, you get the coveted Supporting Member added to your profile! If you paid me this year and did not get that added, please message me with when you paid. I misplaced a list I had. Oops!
Running a meetup as active as ours is actually a lot of work. There are many behind the scenes emails, issues and planning. Some of our events, such as tubing, can take a lot of time to set up. But you guys really make it worth the time and effort! I have enjoyed meeting many of you and am so glad to give vegans, vegetarians and the prospective veg*ns a place to socialize and get support. I still remember over 20 years ago being veg and not knowing anyone else who was. What a better world we live in now!
Group hug everybody!
Ok, last bits:
- A reminder that all of our events are adults only - unless event details state otherwise.
- If you ever have questions re an event, please contact the organizer for that specific event - it's listed on the event page.
- All of our events require you to eat as listed even if that's not how you eat in daily life - vegetarian default, vegan if specified. Vegetarians do not eat any animal flesh including fish (they aren't vegetables) and vegan also excludes dairy, eggs and honey. You may always bring guests that are not veg, but they also need to order as the event lists.
- If you ever have questions or concerns about the meetup, any person or behavior of the group, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- If you are looking for a more activism focused group, check out http://www.meetup.com.... And for a family focused meetup, there is http://www.meetup.com....
Thank you again for a great year and I can't wait to see what 2013 brings us! Have a safe and healthy new year!