Triton Beach Volleyball Club is a group of great people committed to doing everything possible to help South Bay community members reach their individual beach volleyball goals, all while fostering fun times and lasting relationships with other local members. Through our dedicated volunteers and professional coaches, we provide a win-win environment for members of every skill level and everyone associated with our organization.
In our dedication to helping each member experience the joy of achievement, we facilitate the following:
1. Frequent practice sessions in the Redondo, Hermosa, and Manhattan Beach areas, with many sessions being for specific skill levels :)
2. Fun tournaments throughout the year.
3. Instructional beach volleyball and physical training courses for personal development and tournament preparation.
4. Special social events and activities to cultivate lasting friendships.
1. Good sportsmanship and friendly attitudes are a must from each member. You must have a burning desire to improve in volleyball and an even stronger desire to have fun while doing it!
2. ALWAYS RSVP for any meetup you plan on going to, and stay true to your RSVP. This helps us know how many courts to reserve. You also must SHOW UP ON TIME!!!
3. CBVA/AVP rules will be enforced in ALL games. (Meaning no open hand receives, no spinning hand sets, no touching the net, etc.) Again, we are all here to play competitively no matter your current skill level and so naturally we need to follow the rules.
4. PAY IT FORWARD: Most meetups will be designated for specific skill levels (each member is labeled with their skill level.) Every good player got to where they are through lessons and hard work so we want to provide them with competitive games. However, since nearly every good player got to where they are because they were able to practice with higher skilled players, then we expect all players to pay it forward by playing at least 2 games with a lower skilled player anytime all the skill levels meet at the same time and location.
5. You need to attend at least one meetup every six months or you'll get removed from the group.
6. In order to purchase group equipment and pay meetup.com fees, we ask for a $15 yearly donation from each member. Special events such as instructional courses, physical training, and tournaments will typically have an additional fee.
SKILL LEVEL DESCRIPTIONS
Each member will be given a skill level assignment based on your answers to your profile questions. When you actually come out and play that title might change. If you wish for your skill level to get higher, then you must have our group coach, Dan, watch you play and determine your true level.
High Intermediate to Advanced Players will ALWAYS play 2x2. Everyone else can play 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 but still must follow CBVA/AVP rules. Remember all players must "pay it forward" by playing 2 games with a lower skilled player anytime the group meets at the same time/location in order to help give those players good experience and help the group improve as a whole.
LEVEL 4: BEGINNERS/LOW-INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
Players who have been recently introduced to beach volleyball or have little ball control (30%). May have taken a beginner or low-intermediate beach volleyball class. Play recreational volleyball but rarely in tournaments before. The games will be 3x3 or 4x4.
LEVEL 3: INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
Have some volleyball experience and may have taken an intermediate beach volleyball class. Can pass and set with some control (50%) and can serve overhand but still working on consistency and competitive level. Could do well in or win a Division 3 VBVentures tournament. Better at 3's or 4's than they are at 2's!
LEVEL 2: HIGH-INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
Players who can play a fast competitive 2x2 game with good solid ball control: passing, setting, and hitting consistently (70%). . Have moved from basic skills to defensive strategy, shot-making, hitting, and blocking. May have taken high-intermediate or advanced volleyball classes. Could do well in or win a Division 2 Volleyball Ventures Tournament (but would get their butt kicked in Division 1). May have played CBVA tournaments.
LEVEL 1: ADVANCED PLAYERS
All players that would do well in or win a Division 1 Volleyball Venture Tournament, or could or have won a letter ranking in CBVA tournaments. Have EXCELLENT ball control (90%), and can almost always control their hits, sets, passes and overhand serves. Can BLOCK and dig hard driven balls, understands defense, can hand set with little or no ball rotation. Has a wide variety of control shots. MUST HAVE A SOLID ALL AROUND GAME TO QUALIFY!!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Triton Beach Volleyball (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo)||May 15, 2013 4:52 AM||anonymous|