addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Triangle UXPA Book Club Message Board › Who Wants to Read "Understanding Comics?"

Who Wants to Read "Understanding Comics?"

Jacob G.
user 12388364
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 2
So our good friend Tim Swezy has tweeted that he wants to read Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud (http://www.amazon.com...­. In the latest poll the book got 7 votes of support, but lost to "Designing for Emotion," which won with 12 votes. HOWEVER! As the Supreme Overlord of the book club, I can say we're meeting on a book that lost if said book has supporters and those supporters mildly bug me on twitter. However, I don't want to cannibalize the currently scheduled meetup so...

Who would want to come to a separate meetup for "Understanding Comics," so long as you wouldn't bail on the "Designing for Emotion" meetup being planned for October? When and where would you want to meet? Please reply to this thread.

To learn how understanding comic design relates to usability, let me direct you to an article by our very own Rachel Nabors: http://www.uxbooth.co...­.
Tim S.
user 11775126
Durham, NC
Post #: 1
Me of course! I too don’t want to cannibalize from “Designing for Emotion”, though, so a concurrent Meetup or a later one would be cool too. Thanks Supreme Overlord!
A former member
Post #: 17
And me. I read all three books back in the day. They're awesome. DO IT! DO IT! I'll bring snacks!