The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: The Social Network

New Meetup: The Social Network

Julie
stitcherymart
Cary, NC
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Announcing a new Meetup for The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group!

What: The Social Network

When: Monday, January 10, 2011 6:45 PM

Where: Varsity Theatre
123 E Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 967-8665

The Social Network - 7:00ish - Varsity Theater - Chapel Hill
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, Andrew Garfield, Armie Hammer Jr.
Length: 2 hrs
Director: David Fincher
Genre: Drama
Language: English
Admission: $4.00 (and they have popcorn with REAL BUTTER!)

The movie has been nominated for all sorts of awards including Golden Globes for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~~~~

I missed getting to see this movie earlier, so let's use the social network that is meetup and go see it for $4.00 at the Varisity Theater on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill, known for having REAL BUTTER on their popcorn!

We will be seeing the 7:00ish show (I'll update with the exact time as soon as it is published - it should be either 7:00 or 7:15) and I will meet everyone in the lobby with my big pink scarf 15 minutes before show time.

This event is cross posted with the Triangle Geeks Meetup (Julie is organizing the event for both groups).

There is parking in the lot and deck behind the theater as well as parking along Franklin Street. For more information about parking, see the Town of Chapel Hill Website.

The Varsity does accept cash and credit cards.

Synopsis:
The Social Network" explores the moment at which Facebook, the most revolutionary social phenomena of the new century, was invented -- through the warring perspectives of the super-smart young men who each claimed to be there at its inception. The result is a drama rife with both creation and destruction; one that audaciously avoids a singular POV, but instead, by tracking dueling narratives, mirrors the clashing truths and constantly morphing social relationships that define our time. Drawn from multiple sources, the film captures the visceral thrill of the heady early days of a culture-changing phenomenon in the making -- and the way it both pulled a group of young revolutionaries together and then split them apart.

Official Movie Website
Rotten Tomatoes (97% rating!)
IMDb Entry

To RSVP to this Meetup and watch the trailer, visit:
http://www.meetup.com...­