addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › IFC's Outstanding 2011 Indie Film List

IFC's Outstanding 2011 Indie Film List

Julie
stitcherymart
Cary, NC
Post #: 539
Here is an article highlighting some of 2011's top Indie Films. I am thinking the author might have been doing some rather strong drugs to state that this year's Indie crop rivaled 1939 and 1968's movie years (if you don't know what is great about those years, you owe it to yourself to find out!) I personally thought this year was pretty slim on "good" for both Hollywood and Indie options, but the article does list some notable Indie films for the year.

http://www.ifc.com/ne...­

And on that note, I will say I watched Melancholia on my iPad on my flight to Dallas this week and thought it was one of the most painful movies (and that is painful in the "not good" way) this year. Apparently it was also the year for movies where we "magically" discover planets hiding behind the sun that we didn't notice previously, since both Another Earth and Melancholia had that premise (and personally Another Earth did a much better job). If you see Melancholia, I would be curious to know you opinion, since it got a big 'ole, bored my pants off, thumbs down by me.