addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › Quick Impressions: Sorry, haters

Quick Impressions: Sorry, haters

A former member
Post #: 3
I finally had a chance to watch some movies this weekend. I watched Idiocracy, Confederate States of America, Little Miss Sunshine and last but definitely not the least...Sorry, Haters. The other movies were ok. I'd easily rank Sorry, haters among the top 3 films I have seen in the last couple of years. It is a psychological thriller that is brilliant in its display of human emotions -- both good and bad. The DVD also has a round-table discussion as a bonus feature with Tim Robbins as the host. I highly recommend the movie. Please watch it and spread the word. This movie is a must see. I found the movie both sobering and shocking in the context of what is going on around us. Robin Wright Penn should have received an Oscar nomination for her work in the movie. Here is a link to the movie's website...

http://www.sorryhater...­
Brian
000brian000
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 87
Thanks for the heads-up on this film, Ronnie. I noticed it made a number of critics' year-end lists. R.W. Penn did not get any nominations from the Academy, but she has been nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead. Jeff Stanzler was also nominated for an Indie for Best Screenplay. I haven't seen this film yet but would definitely like to check it out. It's in my Netflix queue, but are there any takers for hosting a DVD Night for us to see this?