add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › Full Frame award winners series

Full Frame award winners series

Jeff Q
Durham, NC
Post #: 26
Starting on Feb. 7 and going through April 4, the Carolina Theatre in Durham will be showing the Grand Jury award winners from the first 9 years of the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. Cost of each film (or pair of films) is only $4.

I'm kind of excited about this, because of all of the films they are showing, I've only managed to see Control Room and Iraq in Fragments (don't ask me how I've missed seeing Murderball, 'cause I don't have a good answer - but hey, it's in my Netflix queue!). I have a knack for not seeing the film that everyone else seems to think is the best film of each year's festival. I usually think that the best film is something else (2003, without question, it was Two Towns of Jasper), but then, how would I really know since I almost always miss the one they pick?

Brian, I don't know if you want to make any of these official events, or just put them out there as Head's Up notices. If they do not become official events, anyone who wants to go to any of these can get in touch with me, because I will undoubtedly go to at least a few of them.

Here's a link to the list of films and the schedule:

Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 83
Thanks for the heads up on this series, Jeff. You are all over the Full Frame festival the last few years, and I appreciate the reminder to us to plan ahead, view some past winners, and possibly buy some advance tickets or passes.

I've posted a "heads up" note on our calendar for next Wednesday. Maybe we will get a Meetup together to see that one and/or others in the series. Pablo, David, and I are all organizing events next week already, so I'll leave it open to one of our other terrific organizers if they would like to schedule a Meetup. Or, Jeff, you are welcome to step up and organize some of these yourself if you'd like. Seems like a worthwhile series and excellent build-up to the festival itself.

BTW, speaking of documentaries and next Wednesday, NC State is screening a film that I own and highly recommend: ­Peaceable Kingdom. Anyone who goes to this one, I dare you not to tear up. An incredibly moving and transformative film!
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 83
We've got a Meetup to see the first one this Wednesday, Feb. 7.

RSVP to join us for Full Frame Countdown #1

Thanks, Jeff, for volunteering to organize these for our group.