The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › The Animation Show

The Animation Show

Brian
000brian000
Chapel Hill, NC
Post #: 114
For those who couldn't make it out last night to see the spectacular Animation Show at Carolina Theatre -- and for those of us who did go see it but would like a second look -- I thought I would share some of my favorites from the program (no particular order). YouTube is a beautiful thing -- enjoy it while it lasts -- but nothing can compare to seeing these beauties on the big screen, which is really the point of the Animation Show anyway. Even more special when we have the immaculate Fletcher Hall all to ourselves!

Enjoy, and feel free to add your comments, or discuss your favorite parts of the program.
laughing

Collision
Directed by Max Hattler

Rabbit
Directed by Run Wrake

Directed by Shane Acker

Overtime
Directed by Oury Atlan, Thibaut Berland and Damien Ferrie

Here's a link to Don Hertzfeldt's site, Bitter Films, if you enjoyed Everything Will Be OK.

BTW, if you want to catch these shorts and more, tonight is your last chance to see The Animation Show at Carolina Theatre.
David
DavidSpalding
Durham, NC
Post #: 77
Rabbit was superb, though the little titles got a bit hard to take after a while. But I liked the style, the story, and the artwork. 9 was cool, but ultimately, what was the story about? A superbly execute little pastiche IMHO.

I think of all of them, Everything Will Be OK just amazed me. It was interesting, it kept me off-balance, and its style matched the storyline quite well. Reminded me of The Girls of Elizabeth Street, which we saw at the last Flicker Festival (Cat's Cradle).

That British film about the woman taking her videocam to a wedding, was hilarious. I want to see it with subtitles enabled. And of course, Bill Plympton (anyone remember his little 30 second shorts for MTV?) never disappoints.